Stories with a Message. A little wit. A little wisdom. That’s it. Not always funny, but more often than not (I was born with an indelible smirk).
Re. Blogging Awards: I used to do these, and was truly grateful for nominations. But now I leave them to those who are still building a following, preferring to visit their award posts and cheer them on.
- Mondays – Thought for the Week – something I’m chewing on and think maybe you should too.
- Tuesdays – My Real Memoir – I memoir often and enjoy it (and have yet to be arrested). In addition to random memoir posts, you can begin reading my chronological series by clicking here.
- Wednesdays – Featured Bloggers whose words shine light or laughter on this darkened but still beautiful world.
- Thursdays – Topical Posts – i.e. “Whatever pops into my head.”
- Fridays – Friday Photoblogs – thematic galleries of images, with accompanying thoughts.
- Saturdays – The Wishing Map – my complete epic fantasy novel, serialized in brief episodes. You can start reading the series by clicking here.
- Sundays – Eternal Yearnings – short, heartfelt meditations on the infinite.
- Pastors and Teachers – you’ll find sermon illustrations and teaching ideas, plus links to church dramas and videos, here.
I’m a storyteller (writer, filmmaker, public speaker) with the audacity to believe others might actually want to read or watch the things I come up with. I live in Cincinnati, Ohio with my wise and gorgeous wife Trudy. Together we’ve created our magnum opi: two clever, adorable daughters. I’m also president of a production company called Moriah Media.
Film project updates (“A Filmmaker’s Journal” entries) can be found here.
About the Content
I make no claim to being a source of wisdom, but am a frequent carrier, and an infector of others. My passion, what gets me out of bed in the morning (besides my wife and hungry pets), is speaking truth into others’ lives. Hence, you’ll find Bible quotes (I’m a Jesus follower), along with direct or indirect references to Pascal, Chesterton, Merton, C.S. Lewis, Evelyn Underhill, and many other scientists, mystics, and storytellers.