Writer, director, filmmaker, composer, teacher Mitch Teemley has spoken and taught at conferences, colleges, festivals and cons throughout North America and the UK. Known for his stories, humor, and depth of content, Mitch is the creator of the multi-award-winning inspirational drama Healing River and the family-friendly festival favorite Notzilla. (see Videos below)
For information about booking Mitch as a guest speaker, read on!
Early in his career, Mitch hosted and co-wrote Walt Disney Studios’ 50th Anniversary Celebration. After completing his master’s degree in directing, he taught acting in England alongside future sirs Patrick Stewart and Ben Kingsley. Upon returning to the U.S., he became a member of the seminal comedy groups Isaac Air Freight, Mitch & Allen, and the National Lampoon Players, releasing multiple albums, as well as the best-selling video Mitch & Allen Live. He later laid the groundwork for the theatre and media arts programs at Azusa Pacific University and taught graduate filmmaking in Los Angeles.
After securing a deal with Warner Bros. Pictures, Mitch produced his first feature film Out of Time for Columbia Pictures/Showtime in 2000. His most recent feature films are Healing River the highest-rated inspirational drama ever released on Amazon Prime, and the “cult classic comedy” (MovieWeb) Notzilla.
Mitch speaks on numerous topics, from entertainment and the arts to personal and spiritual growth, including:
The Power of Forgiveness: Beyond Healing River – screening of the acclaimed film, accompanied by an inspirational talk and follow-up discussion.
I Gave Birth to a Monster and Have the Stretch Marks to Prove It! – screening of the award-winning parody Notzilla, followed by Mitch’s talk on his experiences in comedy and indie filmmaking.
- Writing – fiction, non-fiction, screenwriting, storytelling and memoir-ing.
- Directing (film and stage) – Mitch holds an MFA in Directing from the University of California, Irvine, and did four years of post-graduate study in filmmaking, producing, and directing.
- Faith & Religion – keynote topics include discipleship, forgiveness, grace, relationships, and much more (he has served as a teaching pastor at three churches).
- Filmmaking – Mitch has spoken on filmmaking and independent producing at colleges, cons and conferences throughout the U.S.
- Acting – he has taught acting courses and guest workshops at numerous universities and theatres in the U.S. and the U.K.
- Communications and Public Speaking – Mitch has also taught public speaking and communication workshops at numerous universities.
To talk to us about a possible speaking date, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your name and phone number and we’ll respond promptly either by email or phone! (Note: Fees vary according to the nature and size of your event.) Mitch travels from his home in Cincinnati, Ohio.
Healing River (writer, director, producer, composer)
Notzilla (writer, director, producer, composer, actor)
Forgiveness: The Seed of Grace (guest speaker)
Out of Time (producer, co-creator)
“Pharaoh’s Secret” Doritos Super Bowl commercial (writer, director, producer, star)