Dog Days

Presentation1

Thought for the Week

Lily, a six-year-old Great Dane, had lost both of her eyes due to a rare medical condition. She’d also lost the will to live. Until one day another Great Dane named Maddison came into her life. Maddison began “walking” Lily every day, guiding her with gentle but firm nudges, insisting she keep going. Lily’s depression was soon displaced by an unbreakable bond of friendship with Maddison. Now neither will go anywhere without the other.

You know that thing about dogs being loyal best friends and all that? Well, it’s true. Maybe they should set up “human obedience schools” to teach us how to give like Maddison and gratefully receive like Lily.PawPrint6Happy Dog Days!

This entry was posted in Humor, Quips and Quotes and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

58 Responses to Dog Days

1. Sue Cass says:

Love this. We can learn so much from animals.

2. This story doesn’t surprise me at all. I wonder if angels sometimes walk the earth on four paws πŸΎπŸ’•.

3. Gail Perry says:

Beautiful! Wish I could share it on my Facebook page.

4. Manu says:

What a lovely story. Am not surprised. Dogs are the best.

5. atimetoshare.me says:

This is proof that God has a special place for animals in heaven. It’s too bad humans don’t behave as caringly as animals.

6. Mitch: Good points on Animal behavior. Horses are the same way. The whinnying of mother and colt brings her head up as she hangs out with us after barrel riding. Nudging us as we eat supper at the picnic table. Same with the cat and dog, grooming one another. George MacDonald’s comments on C.S. Lewis’ Great Divorce: “every beast and bird that came near her had it’s place in her love…They are her beasts. In her they became themselves” To awaken all the dead things of the universe into life. Norm

7. Todd R says:

Love it! Funny that I also wrote about a dog today.

8. β™₯️ It hurts, doesn’t it, to think of blind animals. There is no spiritual harm in praying for animals the world over, too. He Himself loves them.

9. A. L. Kaplan says:

Reblogged this on alkaplan and commented:
    Such a sweet story. We can all learn from these dogs.

10. Uplifting story to start out the week. We always can learn a great deal from animals if we’re just willing to open our eyes and our hearts to them.

11. Such a lovely story! The loyalty of dogs are just beautiful to watch (and experience). I agree, lets get the puppy classes (I mean, the human obedience classes) ready to roll out to all human beings 🐾.

12. Such a beautiful post ❀️. Thank you for this uplifting gift.

13. Gina Cash says:

The photo of Lily pressing her head against Maddison’s chest just melts me. She is most likely feeling the heartbeat and comforting presence of her best friend, and giving her a doggie hug in the process. Thanks for sharing this heartwarming story.

14. joyroses13 says:

What a touching story! ❀

15. Ana Daksina says:

Mitch, you hit it right out of the park on a regular basis, you know that? πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

16. Thank you for posting this heartwarming story, Mitch.

17. Caroll says:

Thanks for this sweet story and gentle reminder that we need to take care of each other. Would that we were the people our dogs think we are!

Such a touching story. And what an insightful conclusion you’ve drawn, Mitch. For those who want to experience the sweet satisfaction of a Maddison-like life, I’m thankful we do have a manual: the Bible.

19. Tim Harlow says:

Thank you for that inspiring story, Mitch. Yes, human obedience training might be an excellent idea for too many reasons to list here.

20. gpavants says:

Amen, Mitch. Hope we don’t have to go blind to appreciate it.

21. A story so encouraging, I would like to share it on my dog blog. People can learn a lot about empathy and compassion from our canine pals.

22. awww so tender Mitch. My poor hunter has an eye issue and I think he got into an altercation with a gopher. Back to the vet tomorrow for a recheck.. not looking good. This was so heartfelt.
    πŸ’–

23. Chaya Sheela says:

A heartwarming tale.

24. Aww, what a great feel-good story! Yes, people should take heed.

25. I don’t know where you find these stories, but I’m glad you do.

26. Pingback: Dog Days β€” Mitch Teemley – It's a Dog's Life

27. Lisa Beth says:

Beautiful story Mitch! Reminds me of a conversation I have when the question arises, “Do dogs go to heaven?” Someone will always say, “No! Jesus didn’t die for dogs”
    I then say, “No, He didn’t, but they’re not sinful, don’t need a Savior!”
    Maybe one day Lily will find Cookie, my beloved one eyed dog from childhood.
    Maybe we’ll find them too…

28. Ann Coleman says:

We can learn a lot from dogs!

29. I have a friend who has a blind dog. He takes the dog for a walk every day.

30. Jennie says:

A beautiful story. We can learn a lot from dogs.

31. Absolutely true. My morning coffee mug says “help me to be the person my dog thinks I am.”

32. Rhonda says:

Thanks for sharing, Mitch. Such a precious story.

33. Matilda Novak says:

beautiful….i’m so glad God made dogs.
    thank you for sharing this.
    that does my heart good.

34. So touching! Now, if we could only slow down our lives to act on our empathy towards others in need just as these beautiful dogs did.

35. Lisa Bernard says:

I’ve seen this with horses, too. One senses another’s “disability” and buddies up with them as a partner to guide them. It is just beautiful.

36. This is the sweetest story! I love to see animals helping animals.

37. Wbacres says:

Omg this is so sad yet inspiring. Animals can all be so different.

38. Much to learn from animals πŸ™‚