A Filmmaker’s Journal

It’s Almost Here!

My multi-award-winning feature film Healing River (formerly titled Over-the-Rhine) will premiere tomorrow, Friday, May 15, on Amazon Prime!

I’ll post the new trailer and a direct link to the movie on Amazon tomorrow. (You can watch or order it even if you don’t have Prime.)

Here are some never-before-posted images from the movie.

This entry was posted in For Pastors and Teachers, Movies, Popular Culture & Entertainment and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

80 Responses to A Filmmaker’s Journal

1. revruss1220 says:

So awesome! Congratulations, Mitch. I can’t wait to see it. This is definitely “appointment TV.”

2. robstroud says:

Congratulations on getting access to such a broad audience. Delores and I will be watching tomorrow when it first airs. Since Amazon tracks numbers (and dates) of views, I will be encouraging other family and friends to also watch the film as soon as they can.

• mitchteemley says:

Awesome, Rob! I appreciate your referring others to it–they won’t be disappointed! I’ll also be encouraging people to post reviews (that makes a difference on how much Amazon promotes the film.). And I’ll show people where they can go to share the trailer. Thanks!

3. Ray V. says:

I’m looking forward to it. “Over the Rhine”…nice Cincinnati touch.

4. tref says:

Congratulations, M!

5. Clever Girl says:

Fantastic! Hope you’ll be celebrating this accomplishment

6. Cindy Dawson says:

Can’t wait to see it!!

7. Wow! Very impressive. Congratulations! Can’t wait to watch.

8. Bill Sweeney says:

We’ll be watching it tomorrow night. Looking forward to seeing it.

9. WOOHOO! Movie night! 😀

10. Good for you! Maybe this, now, will help me get that WWII somewhere in Europe image out of my mind.

11. Mark Johnson says:

Wow! Your dream has come true.

12. tracykard says:

So cool! I’m looking forward to watching it!

13. Hadel says:

Wonderful and congratulations! I will check it out on Amazon prime! 😉

14. That’s amazing! Congratulations on this great accomplishment!

15. Rana says:

Wow thats impressive, congratulations! I will make sure to watch it.

16. I’m excited to see the film. I know what I’ll be watching this weekend.

17. This is awesome! Congratulations 🎉🎊🎈🍾

18. Congratulations, Mitch! Very exciting!!

19. simplywendi says:

wow! this is so very exciting and I will be watching it tomorrow evening. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

20. HAT says:

So cool! Looking forward to watching it!!

21. trE says:

All right, Mitch! This is great! Congratulations!

22. N.J. Davis says:

How thrilling!!! Congrats!! 🎉 I’ll watch for it.

23. smzang says:

Super good news…..I tried to reblog this but it won’t let me.
    Please know that a huge success is anticipated and celebrated.

24. smzang says:

Reblogged this on Pitching Pennies Poetry and commented:
    Hear Ye! Hear Ye!

A huge congratultations, Mitch

25. smzang says:

Reblogged this on The Peaceful Pub and commented:
    Congratulations, Mitch!

26. smzang says:

I got it reblogged!

27. Piano girl says:

Congratulations! Will have to check it out!

28. Congratulations! Just in time for my staycation! I’ll have to check it out.

29. Heidi Viars says:

Congrats, Mitch!!! I pray it will be used by God in ways that will blow your socks off … if your wearing any … well, you know what I mean 🙂

30. Wayne says:

We’re excited to see it Mitch! Congratulations Brother!

31. c.f. leach says:

Congrats! I’ll be watching for my Review Section. Blessings and Peace. Thanks for stopping by.

32. gregoryjoel says:

Congrats Mitch. I’m looking forward to it.

33. Pingback: Healing River is Here! | Mitch Teemley

34. carhicks says:

Congratulations Mitch, I will have to figure out how to watch it.

35. Comfort says:

Congratulations😀. Love the pictures and will check it out.

36. Wow! Congratulations! That is fantastic.

37. K.L. Hale says:

Mitch, I watched it. And left a review being “reviewed “ on Amazon. I was so moved. The acting is so raw and real. The story is gripping. And admittedly, I sobbed at times. And the humor was spot on in timing (and authentic). I’m a gal (due to my life revolving around music it’s entirety) that is always listening to the background music. It moved me as well. I enjoyed the actors, the coffee shop, the city, and the bridge over the healing River. All beautifully woven together to create this faith-blaster testimony of the power of Christ’s love and grace. Forgiveness is so hard at times. The scene where Father said, “Who do you think nailed him there?” as he and Eric were on the hospital chapel room floor, yanked my heartstrings. When Mom Amblin was in the chapel and looked to Mother Mary and asked, “How did you feel when they killed your son?” “I want to be like you.” “How did you do it?” And the powerful scenes when she was first meeting him one on one (and the bonding over coffee too ☕️)….I could go on and on. By the end, I was smiling through tears. And just sat with a smile. I’m so inspired by your gifts. It’s a testimony to us all. Beautiful songs, spectacular screen-writing, and directing/producing. I noticed another Teemley starred as the ICU nurse 💚 I’m sharing this with family and friends. If this movie doesn’t move you, well…you just can’t be moved. Bravo! 🙏🏻💚

• mitchteemley says:

It had quite an impact on you, K.L. (I also saw your review on Amazon [thank you] so now I know what the K in K.L. stands for). I’m so grateful it’s able to be used by God in this way, couldn’t ask for more. Yes, two Teemleys in the movie, actually. My wife played the ICU Nurse, and my daughter played Taylor, the “Cub” who falls for goofy-sweet fellow-Cub Dylan.