A Filmmaker’s Journal

The Family that Makes Films Together…

I frequently post entries about my adventures in filmmaking. But more and more, filmmaking seems to run in the family. My wife Trudy plays a huge role in every stage of the films I make, from conception through post-production, and will receive a long overdue Associate Producer credit on my feature Notzilla. But now, more and more, my daughters are getting into the act, and I couldn’t be prouder to follow in the footsteps of other filmmaking families like the Reiners, the Coppolas, and the Reitmans.

My daughter Amanda, currently completing her degree in media production, is writing and directing short films, and has set her course on writing and directing features. She served on Notzilla’s crew as 2nd AC, the person who says, “Scene Such-and-Such, Take Such-and-Such,” before clapping that famous stick.

And now, honorable daughter number two, Elizabeth Teemley, has produced her first video, one that she also wrote, acts and sings in. In it, she plays a humanized version of the Pokémon character Jigglypuff (photo number three above), known for cluelessly singing others to sleep. (Her boyfriend Sergio co-stars in the video, by the way.) Of note: Elizabeth holds a degree in costume design and has a continually growing following in the worlds of anime and manga illustration, as well as cosplay (under the name Azayaka Cosplay). Here then, without further ado, is her first video as a member of the soon-to-be-legendary Teemley filmmaking family!

This entry was posted in Humor, Memoir, Movies, Videos and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to A Filmmaker’s Journal

1. Roos Ruse says:

Be proud, Mitch. Be very proud. ❤

2. smzang says:

Not only great movies…great kids too.

Blessed beyond measure.

3. Karen Olchovy says:

Great job! My 3 Pokemon loving boys give it an A+

Nothing better than watching our kids find their sweet spots. Looks like Elizabeth’s sweet spot is actually sweet–based on her cotton candy costume. 🙂 Indeed, they are honorable daughters!

5. Ann Coleman says:

Clearly, she is following in your footsteps!

6. My granddaughter is also into anime. I put her onto your daughter’s page.

7. Beth says:

Thanks, Dad 🙂

8. You are all so incredibly talented!! You must be so proud of your daughters! This video that you have shared is delightful and so whimsical! And your daughter obviously has your wonderful, self-deprecating sense of humor! Love it! 🙂

9. Pingback: When Your Kids Surpass You | Mitch Teemley

10. rue202 says:

I think that it’s cool that your wife and kids are involved with film making! Your daughters sound very smart. You should be proud. Unfortunately, when I tried to play the video, it would not allow me to play it.

11. the pretty poems says:

her jiggly puff outfit was sooo on point!! the video made me smile it’s funny and I’m obsessed with Pokemon Go! that’s so cool that you are in a family of films, my boyfriend is a huge movie buff and i go to him all the time when i need help writing a story. actually, come to think of it, my blog themes sometimes secretly mirror the movies I’m watching – I was watching Fire and Ice, Conan the Barbian, Sonja, when I did the dawn of time theme on my blog. Also your daughters, these women sound STUNNING. i love learning from other women entrenpenuers.