A Filmmaker’s Journal

Green Means Go!

Concept art for in-the-works monster movie parody.

I jumped the gun last year and announced that I was about to sew up a deal to write and direct a new feature film. Well, it took half a year…

but the deal is finally sealed!

I’ve been greenlighted (Hollywood talk for “the money is in the bank”) to finish writing the screenplay and start location-scouting for an over-the-top indie spoof of 1950s/60s monster movies!

I’ll post updates as things develop!

This entry was posted in Humor, Movies, Popular Culture & Entertainment and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

40 Responses to A Filmmaker’s Journal

1. CJ Hartwell says:

Now that sounds like fun!

2. sandymancan says:

Is that my buddy Godzilla okay I’m telling my age now, but the gray hair doesn’t help ether

3. Congratulations. That is such wonderful news.

4. oooo! ooo! I’m interested.

5. We did love our monsters. And don’t forget “The Incredible Shrinking Man” and “The Colossal Man”.

6. revruss1220 says:

How cool is that! Congratulations. Can’t wait to see it. Have to ask: will Jesus make a cameo appearance at all?

7. trE says:

Yes! Awesome, Mitch!

8. Hip, hip, hooray! Congrats, Mitch! Can’t wait to hear about your progress and to see the final result! 🙂

9. Ohhh… you’re intriguing me…

10. stolzyblog says:

Congrats! Interesting premise, since I usually have considered 50s and 60s monster movies self-spoofing. 🙂 I always have been curious how it works… is htere separate line item budgeting (green) for screenplay and other duties, like location scouting?

11. I love the old monster movies! I’m looking forward to this.

12. Congratulations! I’m a huge fan of monster movies, so I’ll be keeping my eye out for this spoof.

13. M.B. Henry says:

Yaaaaaay!!! Congrats! 🙂

14. knabbler says:

Looking forward to it!

15. Jennie says:

👍👏🏻🎊

16. greenpete58 says:

Are you filming in Cincinnati? Let me know. I’d love to get eaten by a Blob.

17. Congratulations! This is great news!

18. Jason says:

Kudos Mitch! Enjoy the process and the journey!

19. Ann Coleman says:

Congratulations! That sounds like so much fun!

20. Joan says:

Can’t wait to see it. Congratulations, Mitch!

21. gpavants says:

Hi Mitch,

Great that is awesome you are doing a monster movie! See,that is what I mean that believers need to jump into all sorts of pieces and genres of production to reach as many people as possible!

I always loved Godzilla, Gamora, Roldan, etc. Sci-fi and Fantasy are ripe for great stories with great messages! Keep me posted,

Gary

22. Hi Mitch, I will be following this blog!! 🙂
    cheers,
    Jeff Barklage

23. Michelle Dobrozsi says:

Congratulations on your project & the exciting road ahead. Keep us posted for crew, cast, etc needs so we can help!

24. Pingback: Gradual Miracles | Mitch Teemley

25. missy512 says:

Oh, how I love the precious monster. Congratulations on the green light. I’ll be waiting and watching. 💕