A Filmmaker’s Journal

New Feature Film in the Works!

Presentation1
I was planning to write
a profoundly serious blog post today. Oops! Instead, I find myself in final negotiations to write, direct, and produce an absurdly over-the-top feature film–and loving it! It’s my earnest desire, however, that this anything-for-a-laugh comedy be just as much God’s project as anything I’ll ever do (I’m convinced God invented humor just as surely as he invented arms and legs and rubber chickens). Therefore…your prayers are greatly appreciated. More news to come!Β  ~Mitch

This entry was posted in Humor, Movies, Popular Culture & Entertainment, Writing and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to A Filmmaker’s Journal

1. dawnlizjones says:

THANKYOUAGAINSOMUCH!! How can humor not be from God?? He created the skunk and the duckbill platypus!! (Amen to your prayers.)

2. Wow, Mitch, this is SO awesome! I’m guessing as a result of Over the Rhine? And I agree 100%… I am constantly blown away at how God leads and allows us to use humor in ministry. Edna was God’s idea…I was scared to death to use her the first time (at a retreat), but when the ladies started taking notes I was convinced it was all Him. He’s given me several other characters since…and please don’t think I’m too crazy, but as I’m writing their scripts, I usually feel like we’re cracking up together, God and me. (And ok, so I am a little crazy, but not about that, right? πŸ˜‚) All that to say, congratulations and I CAN’T WAIT TO HEAR MORE! πŸŽ‰πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ˜Š He’s going huge in your life!!! ☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻

3. Well, The Big Director in the sky did say “a merry heart does good like medicine” so make merry! πŸ™‚

4. ekurie says:

OH wow! Congratulations. He had to’ve invented humor. Ever watch a dog eat caramel?

5. I’m so thankful that you are there in the film business! You’re perfect for the job!

6. carhicks says:

Congratulations! You make me laugh often with some of your posts, ruminate about others, cry with some. I know God is responsible for all we have so humour, of course. Make it a good one, I know you will.

7. blendermom3 says:

When my daughter, now 18, was born, she popped out with the reddest hair to parents who were not even close to red. Everyone still continues to ask where she got her red hair from? And my reply has always been, “God has a sense of humor! He just likes to mix it up because He can.” πŸ˜‰ Congratulations and looking forward to hearing more about this intriguing endeavor! ~donna

8. godoratheism says:

I’m praying for you Mitch.

9. David Pettus says:

We’re praying for you. And remember that God’s kept us laughing since at least the time of Sarah.

Adding my congratulations and excitement to that already offered here. This is wonderful news!

11. Roos Ruse says:

Humor, finding fun is everything is what you’re good at, Mitch. I say do it!