Clouds

What are they trying to tell us?

Then again, maybe it’s not so much what they’re trying to tell us, as what we’re trying to tell them.

“There is divinity in the clouds.” ~Lailah Gifty Akita

“Clouds in the sky very much resemble the thoughts in our minds! Both change perpetually from one second to another!” ~Mehmet Murat ildan

“There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds.” ~G.K. Chesterton

“There was a star riding through clouds one night, and I said to the star, ‘Consume me’.” ~Virginia Woolf

“I’ve looked at clouds from both sides now
from up and down, and still somehow
it’s cloud illusions I recall
I really don’t know clouds at all”

~Joni Mitchell

Clouds aren’t divine, they only seem like it.

On the other hand, imagination is.

This entry was posted in Culture, Poetry, Quips and Quotes and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Clouds

1. Piano girl says:

I am always amazed by clouds! Love this!

2. Yep you see what you want.

3. simplywendi says:

the photos are breathtaking. i spent hours as a child staring up at the clouds and seeing all kinds of visions!

4. I love the photograph clouds. I’ve got one cloudy sky with a square hole right through the clouds. It looks like the windows of Heaven are open.

5. atimetoshare.me says:

God’s handiwork is everywhere. Beautiful examples.

6. Erika Kind says:

Wow, beautiful, stunning, impressive, and scary. I love watching clouds.

7. Nancy Elizabeth says:

Impressive, especially the funnels!

8. Love the photos. I hope that all of you have lounged in the grass and found images in the clouds. Do children even think to do that now with all the electronics?

9. Those clouds? In my part of the country, they’re saying, “GO TO THE BASEMENT YOU FOOL!”

10. As I flipped through the photos, Joni Mitchell’s song came into my head–and then you quoted it!

11. cricketmuse says:

Super duper images. I could cloud gaze the day away.

12. I am fascinated by clouds. Their color, texture, shape, and beauty.

13. I love looking at clouds. These are certainly beautiful. I remembered being on an island driving on a sunny street when suddenly a dark cloud with rain started approaching. It was amazing. 5 minutes later it was gone