The Life of a Writer

994848_10201396592617609_587840748_n

“Writing is a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia.” ~E.L. Doctorow

“There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.” ~Maya Angelou

“Each writer is born with a repertory company in his head. As you get older, you become more skillful at casting them.” ~Gore Vidal

“I write to give myself strength. I write to be the characters that I am not. I write to explore all the things I’m afraid of.” ~Joss Whedon

“There is something delicious about writing the first words of a story. You never quite know where they’ll take you.” ~Beatrix Potter

“We write to taste life twice.” ~Anaïs Nin

This entry was posted in Books, Humor, Quips and Quotes, Writing and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

49 Responses to The Life of a Writer

1. joyroses13 says:

LOL! Good comic! Great quotes, I think I like Beatrix Potter’s one the best!
    I often write the beginning of a story not knowing how it’s going to end!

2. Reblogged this on Robin Luftig and commented:
    Thanks, Mitch, for sharing a glimpse into the life of a writer. It’s clearly share-worthy.

3. Great quotes! Would you agree that as one writes a novel, in the process creating the characters and unraveling their destinies, the writer discovers himself – as Beatrix Potter says in your quote. We are not (unconsciously) striving toward “know thyself”, but “discover thyself”. That is, in my opinion, the beauty of writing, the unknown comes to light and we tend to find many hidden treasures which would otherwise remain hidden.

4. sniderjerry says:

RIGHT ON! WRITE ON! JERRY

5. neelstoria says:

Wow. That’s a great collection.

6. John S says:

Hi Mitch, are you going to show up at the 50th get together?  I will be.  I have sign up to take two free, I am always into free, online seminars from Ted Deker on being an author.  They are about 30 minutes and the first one somewhat reminded me of what you sent out.  We all have a book maybe books within us, some just put it in print.  I am getting inspired to think about this more after hearing his first seminar.  The free ones are set up, I am sure , to have you pay for his other seminars, which I may.   Thanks for keeping me on your email list, I do not always respond back but I do check them out. John

7. Relax... says:

🙂 The quotes are priceless, but the comic is hilarious.

8. Love the quotes Mitch, but I like the comic even more!😄

9. Erika Kind says:

Awesome quotes, all of them. The last one is just so true. I experienced this when I wrote my book and experienced each chapter live again.

10. SarahC says:

Yup good comic… Sometimes talking to myself on blog lol

11. Love the graphic. I feel this way a lot.

12. kakymc says:

The comic made me smile and cringe at the same time. I can relate! Great quotes!

13. M.B. Henry says:

Oh I love them. 🙂 Also love the comic – but fear not little worm. It’s perfectly acceptable for writers to talk to themselves!

14. What inspiring quotes, Mitch! I love these! And the worm talking to himself? Hilarious analogy! 🙂

15. Dymoon says:

lol great funny!

16. cricketmuse says:

wonderful mix of quotes!

17. candidkay says:

Thank you for the reminders! I write because I must . . . even on the days it drives me crazy:).

18. After a looking day of writing, I totally get the work. So funny. Liked your whole concept here!

19. Crissy says:

This is so good!

20. I tweeted the Joss Whedon quote. Thanks!

21. I love this!!

I have attached a link to my recent blog.

Great write up. Hope to communicate soon.
    T

22. gpavants says:

Mitch,

Always great stuff! I really connect wiyh Joss Whedon’s quote.

Gary

23. Iskarius says:

I agree with this. Thank you for sharing.

24. robinleeann says:

I love this comic! The quotes are wonderful and relatable as well. Another writer quote I love is: “Writers see the world differently. Every voice we hear, every face we see, every hand we touch could become story fabric.” I believe Buffy Andrews said that one.

25. Lynn Thaler says:

The quote by Maya Angelou is one of my favorite. I write to get my story out to the world.

26. The mix of quotes really is perfect…but nothing beats the worm talking to himself. THAT encompasses writing perfectly.

27. Nazma Khan says:

i’m new in writing and reading world …. actually offically bcz i’m doing this since my childhood but never express thiz to world.. and yeah! your intro. is fab. and connencting too.

28. spike says: