I’ve been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by the relentlessly sunny Terri of Reclaiming Hope! If that title has any resonance for you (and if it doesn’t, we need to talk) visit her. Keep rockin’ for the Rock, Terri!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog (see above)
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you (see below)
- List the rules and display the award logo
- Nominate 11 bloggers to receive this award and ask them 11 questions
My Answers to Terri’s Questions
- What would you like us to know about you? Coming from an atheistic background, I began searching for something more than the you-live-you-die-you’re-nothing view of reality. My “Why do I Exist?” crisis culminated in a slo-mo leap of faith, triggered by the words, “And this is eternal life, that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent” (John 17:3).
- What inspires you? I love truth in all its forms, but respond best to truth illustrated. So when I communicate an idea, I tap Story to breath life into it.
- How long have you been blogging? My 3rd Blogiversary arrives in two weeks!
- What is your goal for your blog? To use the power of story to speak truth into people’s live (including my own).
- Would you share one of your favorite quotes? “We are not human beings on a spiritual journey. We are spiritual beings on a human journey.” ~Pierre Teilhard de Chardin
- What has been most rewarding for you since starting your blog? Finding a wild array of followers who like my flavor. And savoring their many flavors.
- What are your hobbies? There’s no distinction between hobbies and career for me. The things I’m passionate about are the things I do for a living: writing, filmmaking, composing, mentoring.
- If you were starting all over with your blog, what would you do differently? Nothing. I’m who I am because of the journey. If I’d known then what I know now, I wouldn’t have known what I knew.
- If you had to live in any time in history other than this one, what time period would you choose and why? The time of the Apostles. Why? To be among those who first processed the reality of Jesus and communicated it to the world. But then, that’s still going on.
- If you could give a new blogger one piece of advice, what would it be? Figure out who you’re called to be. Be that. And then figure out some more.
- What has been your most useful life lesson? Apart from living for a God who’s infinitely larger than my old one (me), I’d say learning to memorize, meditate upon, and live out his Word.
Questions for My Nominees
Terri’s questions are terrific, plus I used up all my think-power answering them, so I’m asking the same questions. (Only my nominees should probably give different answers.)
- Unshakeable Hope – Bill doesn’t post often–he has to overcome incredible odds to do so–but when he does it’s pure gold!
- Laced Up Lutheran – Smart, thoughtful real life theology
- Chape – Exercise and weight training, along with inspirational quotes
- A Cornered Gurl – thought-provoking poetry
- Nancy E. Head – living spiritually in a broken world
- Ben’s Bitter Blog – nonstop snarkiness – delightful!
- Behind the White Coat – thoughtful insights by a doctor who’s not just a doctor
- Andrew’s View of the Week – modern day folk wisdom, with a healthy dose of wit
- Jesus at the Center – marriage, life, being real
- Synergy of Joy – life-probing words from a Romanian poet named Andreea
- Gol Naran – sumptuous traditional Persian-inspired artworks