A Filmmaker’s Journal

The World Premiere this past week of my new feature film Over-the-Rhine was remarkable. Cincinnati’s historic Memorial Hall was packed with good people and good cheer. The audience response was ecstatic–loud cheering erupted as the end credits rolled–a filmmaker’s dream. But more importantly, the film’s answer to the question “How do you forgive the unforgiveable?” cut a new groove into people’s hearts. And that matters far more than any momentary high generated by praise. As grandiose as it sounds, I don’t just want to make better movies, I want to make better people (myself included).

Blogger and gifted writer S. M. Zang of Pitching Pennies Poetry wrote a lovely and spirited review of the movie. You can read it here.

This entry was posted in For Pastors and Teachers, Movies, Popular Culture & Entertainment and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

63 Responses to A Filmmaker’s Journal

1. Wow- That is so very beautiful and impressive. I had not realized how many things you are so very involved in. Please keep sharing!

2. albertgayo says:

Looks like a wonderful film to watch…

3. Fantastic, Mitch! Looks like it went off very successfully. Praise God for your boldness in that complicated community!

4. Wow – incredible and what a spectacular theatre! Really PROUD OF YOU and happy to learn about your film journey. You, your wife and the actors looked wonderful! Thanks for sharing your grand moments with us. When/How can we see the movie? Excited for you – a lot of heart and soul with hard work for sure!

5. yakpro2015 says:

Hey Mitch, Congratulations!PLEASE, if you haven’t already, be sure to enter this film in the secular film festivals. It will be well worth your time and effort. Blessings to you and your family. Joe YAKOVETIC DESIGNS http://www.yakovetic.com 16221 Flallon Avenue Norwalk, CA 90650

mobile: 909.241.6088

SDG Soli Deo Gloria “To God Alone the Glory”

From: Mitch Teemley To: yak_pro@yahoo.com Sent: Saturday, June 17, 2017 9:22 AM Subject: [New post] A Filmmaker’s Journal #yiv5875802183 a:hover {color:red;}#yiv5875802183 a {text-decoration:none;color:#0088cc;}#yiv5875802183 a.yiv5875802183primaryactionlink:link, #yiv5875802183 a.yiv5875802183primaryactionlink:visited {background-color:#2585B2;color:#fff;}#yiv5875802183 a.yiv5875802183primaryactionlink:hover, #yiv5875802183 a.yiv5875802183primaryactionlink:active {background-color:#11729E;color:#fff;}#yiv5875802183 WordPress.com | mitchteemley posted: “The World Premiere this past week of my new feature film Over-the-Rhine was remarkable. Cincinnati’s historic Memorial Hall was packed with good people and good cheer. The audience response was ecstatic–loud cheering erupted as the end credits rolled–a” | |

6. How elegant an event! I’m quite delighted. Great review,too. Thanks for the link.

7. Chills. Goosebumps. So very happy for you, your wife, and everyone involved in your long journey into people’s hearts.

8. It all looks incredibly glam and exciting. Well done!

9. yakpro2015 says:

Check out;http://www.burbankfilmfest.org/about/ Joe YAKOVETIC DESIGNS http://www.yakovetic.com 16221 Flallon Avenue Norwalk, CA 90650

mobile: 909.241.6088

SDG Soli Deo Gloria “To God Alone the Glory”

From: Mitch Teemley To: yak_pro@yahoo.com Sent: Saturday, June 17, 2017 9:22 AM Subject: [New post] A Filmmaker’s Journal #yiv3357256222 a:hover {color:red;}#yiv3357256222 a {text-decoration:none;color:#0088cc;}#yiv3357256222 a.yiv3357256222primaryactionlink:link, #yiv3357256222 a.yiv3357256222primaryactionlink:visited {background-color:#2585B2;color:#fff;}#yiv3357256222 a.yiv3357256222primaryactionlink:hover, #yiv3357256222 a.yiv3357256222primaryactionlink:active {background-color:#11729E;color:#fff;}#yiv3357256222 WordPress.com | mitchteemley posted: “The World Premiere this past week of my new feature film Over-the-Rhine was remarkable. Cincinnati’s historic Memorial Hall was packed with good people and good cheer. The audience response was ecstatic–loud cheering erupted as the end credits rolled–a” | |

10. Congratulations, Mitch. It’s all so very exciting. Thanks for sharing the experience–and the photos–with us!

11. Rick says:

What a beautiful location for your film! Congratulations again on bringing such a challenging project to a wonderful completion! Prayers for your writing and movie ministry…..may you continue to touch many hearts and lives. When is the next audition for your next movie? I would like to play the character of an old guy with no tech skills who still puts white- out on his monitor to correct his numerous typing errors! Proud of you!

12. Looks like a fantastic evening, as well as film. Congratulations!

13. celia says:

Heartfelt congratulations – to you, to your team … and to the audiences to come.

14. notdonner says:

looks like it was a rousing success, Congratulations!

It was a grand thrill to be a part of the premiere evening. I am more enthusiastic than ever about this film! Rarely do we see such honest questioning of God portrayed on screen. Neither do we often see the gradual but steady transformation he can provide when we give him a chance–even when overwhelmed by doubts, fear, and pain. Thank you, Mitch, for pressing on through the long process to birth this film. God WILL bless your efforts–just wait and see!

16. barbara runck says:

So sorry to have missed this event.When will we have another chance to see it?Our church?

Sent from my iPad

17. SO AWESOME! You’ve come a long way from LMHS, but what a great beginning that was!!! 👍🏻

18. dawnlizjones says:

Now, how can we little people (translated: not living in big cities) see it? Would LOVE to!!

19. ekurie says:

Like a fairy tale….. just wow.

20. I am really looking forward to seeing your film.

21. RGS says:

Bravo! Applause!

22. Yet another great post – I hope you don’t mind, not many people read my site, and by now you’re probably over blogger award nominations, but I nominated you for the Diverse Blogger Award nonetheless as I thought your page worth sharing 🙂 Looking forward to the next post!

• mitchteemley says:

I’m honored! However, I received the same nomination from another person recently and blogged about it, so I may look for a way to reference that, rather than do a from-scratch post. Thank you!

• Please don’t feel compelled to. I was hoping not as much for follow up from any of my ‘nominees’, but was satisfied in my having been able to give the few I chose a shout out, and maybe introduce my (far fewer than yours admittedly) readers to something new which they may enjoy. Thank you for your thoughtful and courteous response!

23. Awesome! Congratulations Mitch 🙂 When can i see “Over the Rhine” ? i can’t wait to watch it.

24. r_prab says:

Wow! Many many congratulations Mitch Sir! 🙂

25. frenchc1955 says:

Congratulations and good wishes!!!

26. daisymae2017 says:

Congrats on introducing the film and getting pictures of some of the stars. Thanks for sharing. Hope you had a good Father’s Day.

27. rhythminlife says:

It’s beautiful to see and feel a humble spirit within you through the work you do. You remind me that we can all indeed bloom where we have been planted seeking to honor God in whatever and wherever He has us every season of our lives.🙏

28. Congratulations, Mitch!
    I expected the premier would go well, I’m so glad everything went as you envisioned. Can’t wait to see the film.

29. Paula says:

I’m late to the party in my sincere “Wow” and heartfelt congratulations, but you know I really dig what you’re doing, Mitch. God bless you and your family.

30. gpavants says:

Hi Mitch,

The Lord bless each step of your journey. I pray that your film keeps impacting hearts for Christ. We all have our part to do and keep it up. Sounds awesome! In Christ,

Gary

31. Hey Mitch, congratulations on the film and premiere! I’ve been writing a screenplay, and wanted to ask an open ended question: Is there anything you wish someone had told you about film making before you began?

32. Julie says:

Congratulations. May the Lord use it abundantly in the making of better people.

33. Pingback: About Forgiveness and A Movie called “Over the Rhine”

34. Pingback: New “Jesus Go!” Video | Mitch Teemley

35. TMH says:

Enjoyed the photo collection and am following the link to the review. Good work!

36. Pingback: A Filmmaker’s Journal | Mitch Teemley