Stories with a Message. A little wit. A little wisdom. That’s it. Not always funny, but more often than not (I was born with an indelible smirk).
Re. Blogging Awards: I used to do these, and was truly grateful for nominations. But now I leave them to those who are still building a following, preferring to visit their award posts and cheer them on. “Yay!” (I know, overexplaining, right?)
- Memoir Mondays – Stories from and about life.
- Topical Tuesdays – Whatever’s on my mind or in my heart.
- Win-Win Wednesdays – Featured Bloggers whose words shine light or laughter on this darkened but still beautiful world.
- Throwback Thursdays – Still tweaking this one. It may change if I come up with a better alliteration.
- Photoblog Fridays – Thematic collections of images, with accompanying thoughts and quotes.
- Satirical Saturdays – Or not, if I’m in a serious mood.
- Sundays – No rhyme, no alliteration. Short, heartfelt meditations on the infinite.
- Pastors and Teachers – you’ll find sermon ideas, plus links to church dramas and videos, here.
I’m a storyteller (writer, filmmaker, public speaker) with the audacity to believe others might actually want to read or watch the things I come up with. I live in Cincinnati, Ohio with my wise and gorgeous wife Trudy. Together we’ve created our magnum opi: two clever, adorable daughters. I’m also president of a production company called Moriah Media.
The Wishing Map – You can read my serialized young adult fantasy novel from start to finish by clicking here.
Film project updates (“A Filmmaker’s Journal” entries) can be found here.
About the Content
I make no claim to being a source of wisdom, but am a frequent carrier, and an infector of others. My passion, what gets me out of bed in the morning (besides my wife and hungry pets), is speaking truth into others’ lives. Hence, you’ll find Bible quotes (I’m a Jesus follower), along with direct or indirect references to Pascal, Chesterton, Merton, C.S. Lewis, Evelyn Underhill, and many other scientists, mystics, and storytellers.