Animals Are People Too!

Alright, so technically they’re not. But populus, the Latin source of the word people, means “multitude,” and there are certainly a multitude of them (far more than there are humans). And more importantly, animals are every bit as expressive and distinct in their personalities as humans. No one should need proof of that, but here’s proof anyway. Enjoy, and have a great weekend, fellow humans and other people!

Click on any image to enlarge it, or to begin slide show.

“An animal’s eyes have the power to speak a great language.” ~Martin Buber

“Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.”     ~Anatole France

“Our perfect companions never have fewer than four feet.” ~Colette

“A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.”     ~John Billings

“I have studied many philosophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is     infinitely superior.” ~Hippolyte Taine

Dogs leave paw prints on our lives and our souls, which are as unique as fingerprints in every way.” ~Ashly Lorenzana

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way            its animals are treated.” ~Mahatma Gandhi

This entry was posted in Humor and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

39 Responses to Animals Are People Too!

1. gwengrant says:

Such a charming post and one I was so glad to see. There’s a sheep in the paddock at the end of our garden and I think he must have done something to one of his legs because he was limping. I was so worried, I watched him/her every day and didn’t rest until the limp eased, so thank you for reminding us about the animals.
    Gwen.

2. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this. I totally agree. My fur babies are my children.

3. quiall says:

I like some animals better than I like some people…

4. Really nice pictures of animals Mitch I enjoyed going through them. Have a great weekend!

5. Aww These are so great! That puppy spooning that cat is the best 😁❤️

6. joyroses13 says:

These photos are precious! That orangutan with the man cracks me up!

7. I agree that animals are people too, Mitch. The photos made my day because there is nothing cuter than the sweet faces of animals, especially when they’re smiling. Now, I think I need a baby hippo!

8. Love them. How on earth did you ever compile all this?!

9. These are great pictures of endearing subjects perfectly timed. Thanks, for posting them, Mitch.

10. successbmine says:

Love them! Thanks for sharing.

11. That kitty is sleeping on this doggie. 😍

12. Pam Webb says:

You had me at the hamster.

13. jilldennison says:

Awwwww … I LOVE them all!!! I’ll let you in on a little secret … I like animals far better than I like humans these days, for the most part.

14. Tim Harlow says:

100% Agree! Our furry friends may be angels here to teach us to be better humans.

15. Awww. I love these. God’s creation is so amazing.

16. Thotaramani says:

That’s why everyone keeps dog as their favourite pet.👏Have a great day ahead 🎉 always

17. Katherine says:

Mitch, you’ve made my day with these lovely people!

I had to share a few of these. Hope you understand 😂❤️

Have a great weekend! ☀️🌼

18. Daniel Kemp says:

In my humble opinion, which nowadays I’m afraid counts for nothing, this is your best post selected from many very good ones.

19. jbh42 says:

I needed this! Thanks for fetching these photos

20. Lisa Beth says:

What a pleasure with my morning coffee! I have to wonder, who’s standing by with a camera to snap these precious sights?
    Creation – what a gift from God to us! Thank you Mitch for posting. 😃

21. Robert J Jr. says:

great photos! Animals are the best!

22. Pingback: Animals Are People Too! Mitch Teemley – QuietMomentsWithGod

23. Chaplin: “Vizsla puppy! We see a vizsla puppy!”
    Charlee: “Hard to imagine our angel brother Dennis ever being that small, isn’t it? He was always so much bigger than us.”
    Chaplin: “But he still needed us to look out for him after Tucker and Trixie were gone. Everyone needs a cat on their side. Even a dog!”

24. Robert Salau says: