Parenting Illustrated

Here it is, the ultimate illustrated guide on how to parent children of every age! I know, who am I kidding — nothing can prepare us for being parents. Although knowing that is a good start. Well, that and a whole lot of love.

Click on any image to enlarge it or to begin slide show (Note: There’s a separate slideshow under each heading)

Stage One: Yay, You’re a Parent!

Stage Two: Is It Too Late to Back Out?

Stage Three: Was I Like This?

Stage Four: Finally, They’re Gone…Our Baby Is Gone!

Stage Five: They’re Baaaack!

This entry was posted in Humor, Quips and Quotes and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

49 Responses to Parenting Illustrated

1. Wynne Leon says:

As someone who is currently enmeshed in stage two – I can verify this is all very true! Ha, ha, ha!

2. Love this Mitch. I joked this week in a blog that the hospital never gave us an instruction book and how much we dearly needed one. Now, this is what I’m talking about! An email with a few of your memes and I would have felt better prepared for the dirty diapers and everything to come!! Ha, ha, I think you’re onto something here. Ha, ha. You gotta laugh!

3. Vera Day says:

I laughed so hard!

4. Signature: Mom, Date: Today had me in stitches. It’s so logical 🙂

5. There is so much truth in jest! Loved all of these, and I will probably be smiling for the rest of the day.

6. Oh my goodness, these are amazing 😆

7. Mark Johnson says:

Aw yes, parenting. You’ve nailed it, Mitch.

8. I totally identify with these memes, not only as a parent but also as a grandparent! Hilarious!!!

9. Thank you for the laughs 😅

10. I love the college professor one!

11. Jeff Cann says:

Relatable, top to bottom.

12. I can relate to the pizza boxes. My 19 year grandson is living with us while he’s in college. Sunday is pizza night. I make a small one for my wife and I and a x-large one for just him – plus a salad, desert, a snack and often he’ll then finish off any leftovers we have. and yeah, he’s as skinny as a rail.

13. ruthsoaper says:

Yes – been there and there and there and… but then it comes full circle once they have kids. I loved it when my daughter said she was disciplining her little ones and heard my words coming out of her mouth. 🤣

14. Great! I raised five. So true!

15. The laughs make parenting seem a little better!

16. jilldennison says:

All VERY good ones!!! 🤣🤣

17. These are so good, Mitch. Thanks for the laughs.

18. These are brilliantly funny, Mitch, and I can relate to every one of them. Thanks for the giggles 😊.

19. Victoria says:

Okay…THIS? THIS post? It’s a keeper for all times. The forged note…’seems legit’ and the Lucy faces? I hate to play favorites…but…those made me laugh the most. Yet… every time I return to this smorgasbord of fun, I find something new to connect with. Thank you, Mitch. So, so good! 😁

20. Carla says:

These are great, thanks Mitch. I had the grandkids (4, 6, 9) for a sleepover the other night and I definitely did that Mary Poppins/Batman thing. 😁😂

21. Loved these 🤣 more please

22. What could be funnier or more true! This is hilarious but after having four children (2+2), I can relate to most of this and then some. Brought back so many memories…still laughing. I will say I am glad that others share the joys of parenthood.

23. Stacey says:

I feel so much of this so deeply. Especially the other people’s kids being sleepy while my kid is just wide awake. And skipping those pages only works until your child has memorized ALL THE BOOKS.

But it’s beautiful, messy magic. (And lest I seem like I’m complaining, when I see what other parents struggle with, I’m grateful my kid has so many books memorized).

Thanks for the laugh!

24. Stacey says:

Also, one of my majors in undergrad was English lit. Or, as I call it, four years of practicing a skill I already possessed. Then I graduated and made less money teaching than I did throughout high school and college when I worked food service.

I was dumb. I’m trying to save my own child from such stupidity.

25. Carolina Mom says:

This made me laugh so hard! Thanks for sharing my daily life! 😂🤣

26. Pam Webb says:

I’m tempted to send this to my son and wife who announced they are expecting. This advice post is probably not on their baby shower list.

Wonderfully entertaining, Mitch! (Especially since we’re empty nesters!)

28. Hilarious! I’m in the thick of it all, so thank for truly making me laugh out loud

29. kayranftKay says:

Love this! It’s all true!