Bad Luck…or Bad Choices?

Today is Friday the 13th! Shocking statistics reveal that accidents are 100 times more likely to occur when people take stupid risks on a Friday the 13th (or any other day of the year)! In light of these facts, here are a couple of things you should avoid on Friday the 13th: If you see a ladder with a piano on top of it, don’t walk under it! If a black cat crosses your path with a live rattlesnake in its mouth, don’t pet it! Otherwise, you’re good to go!

Click on any image to enlarge it, or to begin slide show.

This entry was posted in Humor, Popular Culture & Entertainment and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

47 Responses to Bad Luck…or Bad Choices?

1. Sue Cass says:

Neither “luck” or “choice” – stupidity. lol

2. The mind boggles . . .

3. Michael Sammut says:

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Thanks for the advice. Thanks for the smile. I was actually born on Friday 13th.!!!

4. Pingback: Bad Luck…or Bad Choices? – Uncoffined

5. atimetoshare.me says:

I especially like the Indian turban with a hard hat on top! LOLπŸ₯Έ

6. rwfrohlich says:

My 13th birthday fell on a Friday the 13th. That may explain a few things about me
    Is it just coincidence that all the stupid stunts were performed by males?
    The chainsaw guy made me wince.

7. Thanks, brother Mitch. I needed these chuckles.

• May 13 was on a Friday in 1988. My daughter was 13 years old at the time. She witnessed a murder that day. Immediately after the shooting, the gunman pointed his weapon at my daughter and said “You don’t see nothing, girl.” She fainted, and the gunman ran off.

I arrived on the scene a few minutes later. This happened 34 years ago, but the tragic memory still haunts me on this day, especially when it falls on a Friday.

My daughter is now a licensed therapist and doing awesome in her life. She told me the day after the murder, that she wasn’t going to let the shooter destroy her life, too. I’m very proud of my amazing daughter.

8. Never underestimate the inventiveness of stupid people.

9. Todd R says:

Don’t pet the cat, or don’t pet the snake?

10. pkadams says:

Those electrical outlets!

11. ejstoo says:

If you are named Wyle E Coyote avoid buying things from Acme πŸ˜‰ You’d have to be the right age to get that one πŸ˜‰ Avoid anvils falling out of windows. πŸ™‚ Happy 13th.

12. Yeah, you’d think someone would have thought to put the “slide closed” sign at the TOP of the slide. I wonder how many kids the slide collected?

13. (Now I’ve got a NeedToBreathe sone going through my head – “BAD decisions, they don’t feel bad at the time …”)

14. capost2k says:

Ladder safety 102: I climbed a ladder in what was called a “fireman’s rescue” in order to change the speakers at a church building. We tied four ropes to the top of the ladder and the guys spread out to the four points of a compass and held tightly. I clambered up, pulled the speakers down, and scrambled back up to attach the new speakers. Piece of cake! 😁

15. Wonderfully zany combination in the last one: a genuine fact about leopards, a setting where there would not be any leopards, and a person who sees that being hit by a falling leopard lunch would be far from the biggest worry in a place that does have leopards.

16. Nancy Richy says:

Did you know that 13 is a lucky number in Italy? Fortunato tredici! People plan big events around “13” – weddings, baptisms, playing the lottery, etc. The number 13 is associated with the Great Goddess, fertility and the lunar cycle and is thought to bring prosperity and good fortune. Those wacky Italians! We’re just superstitious about everything else!! Beware the malocchio! 🀟🏽 πŸ‘ 🌢

17. I had a good laugh at some of these pictures. Our Friday the 13th story: We got on a live aboard yacht in Egypt to go diving for a week on the Red Sea (on Friday, 13 March 2020) … four days later, the world were dumped in chaos (due to a virus) and we had to head back home. We never believed in Friday the 13th (still don’t) … but we will probably not get on a boat again on Friday the 13th πŸ˜‰.

18. Dawn Marie says:

Some of these are rather disturbing….😳 🀣

19. Bob Tolliver says:

Mitch, you have no idea how many of these pictures remind me of our years in Ukraine. The air conditioner installations are exactly what happened in our 5th floor flat. The electricity ones are so “right on”, especially after several bottle of vodka (NOT by me, though!!! I’m a te-totaller.) πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

20. Redavons says:

Assuming nobody was harmed…giggled my way through those. Thank you.

21. Nancy Richy says:

One last comment regarding the pix you posted. In most cases all I can say is one word: “Men!” 😳

22. The one about falling into the pond and getting boiled is my favorite!

23. Damyanti Biswas says:

Hahaha this is such a hilarious post! Thanks for sharing this theme πŸ˜€

24. JoyWadi says:

🀣🀯😊

25. “Beware of wall.” Great reminder that most warning signs are in response to something that SOMEBODY did. Now it’s up to us to imagine what happened there. (Maybe they should replace it with a sign that says, “Put your cell phone away when you’re walking, you idiot!”)