On Being Free

in the future.

You can only be free

in the present.

But take heart—

it’s always the present.

~MT~

This entry was posted in Quips and Quotes and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to On Being Free

1. trE says:

I really, really like this, Mitch. Thank you for sharing it.

2. As the existentialists say, we have a statue of liberty on the east coast, but we need a statue of responsibility on the west coast to balance the dialectic. We are indeed free–free to choose to love, make sacrifices, be humble, compassionate, patient, and kind. Thanks, Mitch.

3. There is no tomorrow so you are absolutely correct. Only the present. Love this.

4. Pingback: On Being Free | Sue's Pen 2 Paper Blog

5. I’m keeping this in the forefront of my mind when I have important meetings this week: Stay in the Present!

6. Liz says:

Timely and true. thank you 🙂

7. murisopsis says:

That time is fluid and slippery never ceases to amaze. As soon as a breath is taken we have leapt from past to future but never leave the present!

8. Pingback: ReBlogging ‘On Being Free’ – Link Below | Relationship Insights by Yernasia Quorelios

I’m looking forward to the day in the future when we WILL experience freedom at a whole new level–when we get to heaven!

10. Half a Soul says:

Beautiful thought and much needed for me today, as I felt constantly peppered by demands on my attention from without and within. Thanks!

11. Rocky says:

Thanks Mitch,

Reposted on my FB wall

12. Hi Mitch! Your wisdom reminds me of Eleanor Roosevelt’s:

“Tomorrow is a mystery.
    Today is a gift.
    That’s why we call it ‘The Present'”

13. Ann Coleman says:

That’s the truth!

14. Thanks Mitch 👍🏻

15. Abe Austin says:

The decision to be a better man tomorrow is only a decision to remain the same man today.