The Wishing Map is Coming!

Concept art created for the Walt Disney series.

Introduction

Seven years ago, when my blog site was new, I published a complete fantasy novel The Wishing Map here online at The Power of Story. It was received with great enthusiasm and topped views on my site that first year. However, I had only a fraction of the followers then that I have now.  So I’ve decided to post the entire epic again!

I’ll publish new installments each Saturday. Since it’s a full-length novel, this will run for a long time, so anyone who gets impatient will be welcome to jump to the original 2014 posts and read the entire novel straight through from there.

What’s The Wishing Map? It’s volume one of an epic fantasy series that I developed for Walt Disney television animation some years back. They labelled it “a modern Chronicles of Narnia.” Although, in style it’s more J.K. Rowling than C.S. Lewis–and more M.R. Teemley than either. It does, nevertheless, contain allegorical elements similar to those in Chronicles.

When Disney put The Wishing Map on hold due to budget (too expensive for a TV series), I novelized it, and received a three-book offer from a large but mostly-non-fiction publisher. Their newly-launched fiction division was flagging at the time, so I decided to wait.

But you don’t have to! It’ll be here just in time for the fall season. Should I offer a “pumpkin-spice edition”?

To read the Preface to The Wishing Map, click here.

Wishing Title (framed)

This entry was posted in For Pastors and Teachers, Story Power, The Wishing Map, Writing and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

48 Responses to The Wishing Map is Coming!

1. Books in my hands! How soon might that happen????

• mitchteemley says:

There’s no traditional publishing deal in place right now, Joy, so no hard copies for a while to come, I fear. I’m working on getting the novel of my movie Healing River out, plus a comic book series based on my movie Notzilla. And then…maybe The Wishing Map?

2. Saturday is the day I have the most time to read. Looking forward to it Mitch—whatever it is!

3. Piano girl says:

I have more time Saturday. But I can always go back and read. 😊

4. That’s exciting, Mitch! I look forward to reading your posts, but I, too, would rather have the book in my hand, especially to share with my grandchildren. (What would you say is the minimal age that would enjoy it?)

5. I’m looking forward to it. Saturdays are good for me. I read it the first time, but I missed so many installments

6. Pingback: The Wishing Map is Coming! — Mitch Teemley | Ups Downs Family History

7. Jeff says:

I look forward to this. Which days matters not to me.

8. Webb Blogs says:

My first choice would be SaturdaIy 😁

9. Looking forward to reading it.

10. I vote for Saturday, but like a few other people who commented, I would really prefer a hardcopy version (have you considered a print-on-demand type publisher) or an e-book that I can read at my own pace.

11. I’m with all those anxious for a hardcopy book to read to grandchildren. Online no preference because I can catch up whenever.

12. I am looking forward to this quite a bit. ^_^ I have been enjoying your memoirs and fools odyssey posts (although I admittedly lost track of how to read them in order). I am excited for the chance to read a fiction work of yours as well. 🙂

13. Dad4Gracie says:

This is exciting!

14. Jennie says:

Thank you for repeating this! I didn’t ‘find’ you till partway through the story, so I’m looking forward to reading the entire series.

15. Pingback: The Wishing Map is Here! | Mitch Teemley