Signs of the Times

My favorite sign ever was painted on a shop window in Canterbury, England. It said, “Sex Aids for Ferrets!” Only upon drawing nearer did I see the small print beneath that read, “Not really, but we do have some great deals on guitars.” Two of my favorite things in one place: guitars and British wit! I hurried in. Some signs inform us, some misinform us, but the best signs restore our faith in humanity by reminding us that as long as we have hope, love, and sarcasm we’ll get by.

Click on any image to enlarge it, to read captions, or to begin slide show.

This entry was posted in Humor, Quips and Quotes and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

53 Responses to Signs of the Times

1. These are great. 🙂

2. Thanks for the laughs!! Maggie

3. What a laugh-out-loud collection!! Thank you, these are wonderful as was the one from Canterbury!!! 🙂

4. It will end in tears! Great street sign.

5. Michele Lee says:

Your intro is hilarious! So are the signs, except for the one about being kind – that is sweet. 😊 Fantastically funny! I so want the “Jazz hands” one! Thank you for sharing and thank goodness for funny people. 🤣

6. TEP336 says:

So, about the bankruptcy/divorce/liquor theme…if I’m not mistaken, those storefronts were in a strip mall right outside of an Army base, either Ft. Bragg or Ft. Benning, I think. Of course, I’ve been to numerous bases, and they all have similar strip malls outside their gates. The other half of that strip mall would have also included massage parlors, strip clubs, smoke shops, Korean BBQ, and pawn shops. Yeah, Army life is like that, which is why I’m glad I’m a weekend warrior. I’d be in constant trouble for running all through those places hitting people in the head with a Bible…

7. Hahaha! 😅😅😅
    Love it.

8. anitashope says:

Priceless. Favorite – dog name shark at the beach. Awesome. I have lived in Florida – this would be hilarious. Sorry, but it would.

9. anitashope says:

Had to repost on my FB page.

10. Cyranny says:

Great selection , Mitch 🙂 The “Kiss and Goodbye” sign is in Denmark, at Aalborg’s airport. I have seen it a couple of times traveling in and out. I love Danish humor (of course LOL). The warning on the hanger reminded me of the most ridiculous warning I’ve seen so far… When, due to allergy problems, McDonald’s couldn’t put peanuts on their sundaes anymore, they started offering the peanut bits in a bag, separately. And on that bag was the warning: “Caution: May contain peanuts!” May????? LOL

11. revruss1220 says:

FANTASTIC! What a great way to end the week.

12. I love me some snark!

13. Jorge Medico says:

Thanks for the laughs. Be well.

Loved the one about eating M & M’s inside a mask like a horse. One thing about Americans during the pandemic: there was no shortage of humor related to our predicament. I wonder if other countries enjoyed as many jokes, youtube video schtick, and funny memes as we did? (Remember this one? “Homeschooling Day #3. They all graduated. DONE.”)

15. joyroses13 says:

Thanks for the laughs! “Having a dog named Shark”! 31😂

16. DS says:

Hilarous! So much fun. The post apocalyptic section moved to current affairs – priceless. Thanks for the smiles.

17. pastorpete51 says:

Thanks for brightening our week-end! Loved the falling deer, the admonition to grate my own cheese and of course I can read so I guess my walks up the train tracks should be avoided. (Sigh I loved walking up those tracks!)

18. Carla says:

Thanks for the smiles Mitch. Enjoy your weekend.

19. This was the most I’ve laughed all day and had to share these with my daughter. She read the smaller print to me. Thanks for sharing them.

20. Tim Harlow says:

These are wonderful. Thanks!

21. Like it as well. I’m a big Z fan . And yes, the virus sucks big time.

22. Pingback: Signs of the Times — Mitch Teemley – worry-less-journey

23. Ann Coleman says:

I don’t know where you find these signs, but I love them. And yes, “sex aids for ferrets” is a definite attention-getter!

24. Totally, TOTALLY loved this. Some great laughs up in here! 🙂

25. Yael_Eliyahu says:

The husband daycare. 😂🤣

26. Laughed until my laughing muscles hurt, and then realized it’s been a really long time since I’ve laughed like that! Thank you!

27. literaryeyes says:

Good ones. First on I laughed at was the Kung Fu Fighting. Heard that song so many times in my 30s. Not by choice.