Ridiculously Literal Memes

I’ve always loved absurd humor. When I was a teenager, my friends and I were watching a WWII movie at a theater when the sound suddenly went out. On the screen there was a brief shot of a cat (it didn’t appear again). Then a soldier pointed and spoke (still no sound). So my friends and I started shouting dialogue: Soldier: “Look, a cat, sir!” Captain: “So?” Soldier: “So, the Nazis are using cats as spies, sir!” Captain: “Capture that cat and bring it in for questioning!” Soldier: “It got away, sir!” Captain: “Well, then, go shoot some Nazis!” When the sound came back on 20 minutes later, the audience gave us a standing ovation! Ridiculously literal substitute captions and dialogue are still among my favorite forms of absurd humor. You too? Enjoy!

Click on any image to enlarge it, to read captions, or to start slide show.

This entry was posted in Humor, Quips and Quotes and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

43 Responses to Ridiculously Literal Memes

1. Thank you for the laughter, Mitch. Even some of the jokes are wicked. 😉 Have a beautiful weekend! Michael

2. Don’t we all need a few good laughs? Thanks Mitch.

3. Thank you for brightening up my weekend!

4. I had a date in high school with a guy who took me to a parking lot next to a drive-in theater. We watched the movie with no sound and provided our own script. He was cheap, but he was creative. #thriftydates

5. Janet T Oldfield says:

Totally hilarious Mitch! Your creative juices are still flowing! Great way to start the weekend!

6. Just Jodie says:

These are great! Always nice to smile.

7. numrhood says:

sound will come back in (# of the age your father was) minutes

8. I have to be one of the most literal people I know. (Hubby would agree). I do have my playful side though, and this entire post brought that out LOL Blessings and honor Mitch, Christine

9. These are pretty good. I’m not sure which is my favorite.

10. I love it that you’ve never grown up!

11. I do enjoy literal humor!

12. joyroses13 says:

Haha!! Laughter is always fun! Good ones here!

13. Zina Hermez says:

The hair in a bun and plastic surgeon ones were very funny!😅🤣😂

14. haoyando says:

That baby doll at the end is a little Halloween like. LOL.

15. Escape key! I love it! Most of the others are pretty funny, too. But I really love the escape key. 😉

16. Pam Webb says:

Perfect for sharing with students after AP exam week.

17. These are great!

18. I’m always up for a horrible pun, thanks Mitch. (I think maybe the Escape key was my favorite, but the Tides have Turned made me groan, lol.

19. c.f. leach says:

One thing I love about you Mitch is your since of humor. I never know where the trajectory is coming from! (LOL) Laughter is the best medicine my friend. Blessing and Peace Always!

I love too many of these to mention individually. Besides I have to keep my comment short. Gotta go share this post with my husband!

21. I’m going to have to do the “Baby on Board” one on my car.
    I was laughing at the story about you and your friends when the sound went out at the movie theater. Doing “Mystery Science Theatre 3000” before the TV show came out.

22. lilyofthevalley777 says:

More LOL’s! Thanks Mitch. 😂

23. Krishna says:

Love these memes 🤣😂 Thanks for sharing..How are you doing Mitch?

24. Priceless. I love this! Thanks for the laugh!

25. My favorite, “Dad, will you put my hair in a bun?”
    That had me laughing out loud!

26. Terri Nida says:

Love the funnies! Thank you.