I’d normally post a list of best movies. But like everyone else during the Twilight Zone (or is that Toilet Zone?) year of 2020, I saw fewer movies and am still catching up. So I looked at my own “bests” and discovered which posts were the biggest hits. Here they are, folks! Yes, yes, I know you’ve been dying to see this–you’re welcome. Just kidding, I’m really not that self-centered. Honest. No, really. Why are you looking at me that way?
The 10 Most Viewed
- Caterpillars Don’t Become Butterflies – This “Babe Ruth of Posts” dates all the way back to when my blog site was new!
- Love in the Time of Coronavirus – How my wife and I managed to keep our love alive during the Get-On-Each-Other’s-Nerves Challenge (lockdown) of 2020.
- Healing River is Here! – I excitedly announced the premiere on Amazon Prime of my first feature film as a writer-director, and you were wonderfully supportive! Healing River was the highest rated inspirational movie on Amazon in 2020—and it still is!
- My Experiment in Becoming Human – My struggle to communicate better with others, to listen better, and to become more fully human. Apparently a lot of other people struggle with this too.
- My Epic Quest for Toilet Paper – This tale of survival in a newly primitive world, set during The Great Toilet Paper Panic of 2020, struck a chord (or a funny bone) with a lot of people.
- Life is Beautiful – This photoblog with quotes focuses on discovering the magic that’s still around us during the COVID Era.
- Own Your Errors – In the midst of a wildly contentious American election and its shocking aftermath, this brief meditation on honesty and humility rang a lot of bells.
- I Hate Masks – Who doesn’t? This tongue-in-cheek piece actually had something to say, and you responded accordingly.
- A Filmmaker’s Journal: It’s Almost Here – This pre-announcement of Healing River’s release featured a gallery of stills from the movie that garnered a lot of attention. Bless you!
- My Wife and I Are Poster Kids – My wife sometimes performs on screen with me. Here’s a scene we did together in my other big 2020 feature film release, Notzilla!
But wait, there’s more! Along with the above, these posts drew the most Likes and Comments in 2020:
- The Ultimate Comfort Food – A memoir in the form of a tribute to tom & chee (tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches).
- No One Does Christmas Like My Wife – a photoblog featuring my wife’s Christmagical decorating powers!
- The Smell of Books – 2020 was the year many rediscovered their love for reading. This memoir/ode prompted a responding wave of booklove.
- 35 Years Ago Today – A celebration of our 35th anniversary, and a personal study in keeping relationships alive.
- Are Christians Hypocrites? – Posted at the end of the 2019 Christmas season, this discussion garnered a lot of interest from both Christians and non-Christians alike.