No One Does Christmas Like My Wife

My Friday photoblogs usually feature images I’ve found online. But this time I didn’t have to look so far. I just grabbed my phone and began chronicling how my wife beautifies our home, especially during the Christmas season. Which starts for me the moment she begins decorating. Oh, sure, I help with the tree and by stringing up a few lights outside, but 90% of it is from her hands. And 100% of it is from her heart.

Click on any image to enlarge it, or to begin the slide show.

“Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn’t before! What if Christmas, he thought, doesn’t come from a store. What if Christmas…perhaps…means a little bit more!” ~Dr. Seuss

“A Christmas candle is a lovely thing;

It makes no noise at all,

But softly gives itself away;

While quite unselfish, it grows small.”
~Eva K. Logue

“He who has not Christmas in his heart will never find it under a tree.” ~Roy L. Smith

“My idea of Christmas, whether old-fashioned or modern, is simple: loving others. Come to think of it, why do we have to wait for Christmas to do that?” ~Bob Hope

“Unless we make Christmas an occasion to share our blessings, all the snow in Alaska won’t make it ‘white’.” ~Bing Crosby

“I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.” ~Charles Dickens

“Peace on earth will come to stay,

When we live Christmas every day.”

~Helen Steiner Rice

This entry was posted in For Pastors and Teachers, Quips and Quotes and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

77 Responses to No One Does Christmas Like My Wife

1. I love the little touches she places all around the house bringing cheer throughout the house💕

2. Wow! Mrs. Teemley wins Grand Prize!

3. trE says:

The decorations and the quotes are great, Mitch! Your wife has an eye for flair!

4. Chris Ciccarelli says:

Thank you Mitch! This really warmed my heart. Last night I got a call alerting me that a former co-worker 6 years younger than myself passed away yesterday of the virus. She lived in Tennessee. Then a young woman the same age as my son, had a stroke 3-1/2 wks ago. She has been in ICU at (PIH) Presbyterian Hospital, and had to had emergency surgery yesterday for an infection at the feeding tube area. She is left side paralyzed and the stroke appears to be due to stress as she has never drank a drop of alcohol, taken drugs, smoked or used profanity. Her parents passed away when she was 19 and she asked if we would foster her 2 younger teenage sisters. We did for 6 months but it didn’t workout. The girls were unwilling to co-operate and required much more structured lives.. We were concerned that at some point they might accuse Bob (my husband) of molesting them as they had done their best friends father. We explained to Shannon, that we probably could have made it work if we had taken on one, but to chose would have not been fare to the other. They were 14 & 15, hated school and after I dropped them at school every morning they ditched and went back home… I worked and had no idea what they were doing as they got the mail and answered the home phone. Then one day I got a call from the Vice Principle at work asking me to come in that day. He showed me their attendance record and told me that at school that day, they had walked off campus after causing a fight with one of the students. I have maintained contact with the girls and followed their lives thru the years. Shannon married and her husband became a youth pastor. They have 2 children, both attend Whittier Christian. Shannon has been the sole supporter of her family many times thru her marriage. Rain, passed away 4 yrs ago. Erin the youngest is a LVN in a nursing home in Tulsa. She still struggles with her walk with the Lord. I ask you for prayer for this family Mitch…

5. Great decorations! We’ve been doing that all week. I though about putting a ribbon on my cats, but thought I’d skip the emergency room this year.

6. feistyfroggy says:

Beautiful home and decorations! I can see why you wanted to share it!

7. Sheree says:

Utterly charming

8. Erika says:

I love how people are excited about Christmas and radiate this to their surroundings. There is so much love in the way your wife decorated the house. I love decorating for Christmas too but I am not putting as much on as I used to because I am also thinking of the time after when I have to put everything back. But in the end, there is still more decoration in the house than I planned before I started.

9. tidalscribe says:

When the children were young I used to earn pin money sewing for an older lady who used to do craft fairs. With a daughter in the USA she got lots of ideas and we were busy with yards of red and green printed fabric before Christmas making things like tree skirts, quilted pictures, cushions and of course stockings.

10. My compliments to your decorator. 🙂 I like the way even the cat is decorated. Reminds me of our little dog wearing his Santa suit and an embarrassed look on his face.

11. So pretty! Christmas has arrived in a big way at our house, too, and has done much to dispel the gloom. There’s nothing quite like the feeling you get from a Christmas tree, nativity set, lighted garland, wreath, and snowmen aplenty.

12. Truly lovely! Thanks for sharing, Mitch.

13. atimetoshare.me says:

Thank you for sharing your home with us and the beautiful and festive talents of your wife. Christmas is so much more than things from a store, isn’t it/ I’m so grateful for you and your blog too. You always have so many interesting things to say. Blessings to your and your family.

14. dovalpage says:

This is so beautiful! Your wife is an amazing decorator. Even the kitty is beautified, so cute.

15. Kim Smyth says:

What a fabulous decorator your wife is! I wish I had her talent and all of her supplies too, lol. We need to refresh our supplies this year! Tired of looking at the same old stuff.

16. These are the photos and post my heart needed today! Thank you for sharing your joy. Your wife is blessed by you, and you by her. Have a wonderful weekend Mitch!

17. barbara runck says:

beautiful! She does know how to decorate a home-Looks very welcoming!

________________________________

18. Pam Webb says:

I can almost smell the cinnamon and taste the gingerbread. Egg nog served at what time?

19. ThemisAthena says:

Simply gorgeous! Thank you so much for sharing; just looking at these images brightened up my day and made me feel that it‘s going to be Christmas soon.

20. mindful1971 says:

Beautiful,Thank you for sharing.A feast for the eyes ! I see so much love and warmth in this home .Merry Christmas to you all .

21. Lovely, Mitch. I haven’t done a thing! Maybe I should throw up some lights. 🙂

22. Pam Webb says:

Let me know what time you’re serving😉

23. Candice says:

Very nice indeed. She really knows how to deck the halls!

24. cindy knoke says:

She is talented and this is beautiful!

25. simplywendi says:

absolutely stunning! what a blessed man you are!!

26. pkadams says:

Lovely! I’m inspired to try harder when I get my decorations out tomorrow! Thanks for the photos.

27. Shirley says:

Love your wife’s decorations 😊 It’s so magical, like out of a Christmas storybook!

28. She did a lovely job decorating, it was hallmark movie worthy!

29. Ann Coleman says:

You wife did a wonderful job decorating for Christmas, and I’m impressed that she even got the cat to cooperate. I hope you and your family have a blessed and joyful Christmas!

30. Kimie says:

This makes me smile 🎄

31. Pingback: No One Does Christmas Like My Wife – Black6entertainment

32. every thing is awesome.. so well decorated ..Christmas should be from the heart and here it is..

33. Your cat looks sooo cute with that ribbon!

34. Terri Nida says:

I like it all, but especially the cat! Beautiful photographs. Thank you for sharing.

35. Kemi says:

Aww your wife has done a fabulous job! She’s definitely given me ideas. I love what she’s done with the mirror. I may have to borrow that idea lol

36. mitchteemley says:

;>) I’m sure she won’t mind. Thanks, Kemi.

37. I love this so much! 🙂

38. Christmas is in the air!🥰

39. Lovely pics. Your wife is very creative.

40. Jen says:

Beautiful!💗

41. gc says:

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family. Stay safe.

42. Veena says:

What love and devotion goes in this wonderful display it instantly brightens the heart and the soul . Yes no one can do Christmas like her . You have added such beautiful quotes it makes Christmas wonderful for all of us .

43. JT Twissel says:

I am especially fond of that last quote – great pictures as well. Happy New Year!

44. lynnfay73 says:

Nice photos! She does a great job!

45. beth says: