Kindness Is the Key

Be Kinder..“When you, a mere human, pass judgment on others and yet do the same things as they do, do you think you will escape God’s judgment? Or do you disregard the riches of His kindness, tolerance, and patience, not realizing that God’s kindness leads you to repentance?” ~Romans 2:3-4

22 Responses to Kindness Is the Key

1. Maurodigital says:

Being kind is cool, but it must be both ways. I don’t want to be kind while the other is slapping my face!

• mitchteemley says:

Being human, I fully understand how you feel. But undeserved kindness, forgiveness, and love are, in fact, what Jesus taught. That doesn’t necessarily mean being a doormat, though; sometimes the kindest and most loving thing we can do is to confront someone–when, for example, they are harming someone else. Usually this entails using a good deal of humility to make it clear we do not consider ourselves better than them.

• Maurodigital says:

These are great words, really believe that. However I am wondering: how can i be kind when I am humiliated, for example? You can be the kindest person in the world, but as human being we have a certain amount of evil we can take. I am not sure that kindness, it doesn’t matter what, might work for everyone.

• mitchteemley says:

There’s definitely a lifelong learning curve, and I hardly claim to have mastered the art of humility myself. But I have learned that we don’t really know what’s going on until we come to know someone. And even then, sometimes our efforts will fail (or produce positive results we’re not around to see them), but we won’t know unless we try. Meanwhile, we ourselves change for the better. Plus it makes life an adventure. ;>) https://mitchteemley.com/2019/07/15/the-waiter-from-hell-2/

• Mitch, I’m glad you reminded us of the “waiter from hell” story. I’d forgotten it, but it’s great.
        When someone appears to be being unusually mean-spirited toward me (or in general) the creative writer in me plays this game of trying to imagine a scenario that would make his/her behavior make sense. The worse the behavior, the more I assume that person is “going through hell.” It helps … sometimes . :/

• I hope you got to read Mitch’s “Waiter from hell” story, I love it. For every irritating (or infuriating) thing we observe about a person, there are likely 100 things we don’t know about.

2. So many people need to be reminded of this.

Starting with me …

3. Sandy says:

I think it’s difficult for people to show kindness. It’s as if saying hi, or thanking someone is hard to do. But it’s easy to judge. God has the final say and He is the Only judge. God Bless

4. dharkanein says:

That goes for more than half of the world population. If am not wrong.

5. Pingback: Kindness Is the Key — Mitch Teemley – A Blog About Healing From PTSD

6. I needed this too. Thanks for the scripture as well. God has definitely been kinder than necessary to me, so the least I can do is return the favor.

7. Ow!! Amen!! Starting with me. Thanks You, Lord that Your goodness draws us near to You!!

8. Lovely reminder, thank you.

9. Good advice all around!

10. Beck says:

This is such a good message. It’s terrifying really to know that our judgements are matched. (Matt 7:2)
    All the more reason to walk the earth softly and offer the same grace to others that God offers us.
    Great reminder today!

11. Ann Coleman says:

Exactly! I know we don’t all interpret the Bible the exact same way, but my father (who was a minister) always told me that he felt the meaning behind “Judgement is mine, sayeth the Lord” was that we humans are to leave the judgement to God. Makes sense to me!