Nerds of the World, Unite!*

There are two kinds of people in the world: Those who know they’re nerds, and those who don’t. Math nerds, science nerds, grammar nerds, computer nerds, gamers, bookaholics, comic nerds, anime nerds, fantasy nerds, sci-fi nerds, philosophy nerds, Whovians and Whovillians…the list is endless. It isn’t easy for nerds to unite because they all think their brand is superior. But if they, i.e. if we, ever do, look out. We might just fix the world! Or at least make it a lot more fun.

*Note: I was tempted to title this post “Nerds of the World, Untie,” so the grammar nerds could point out the typo—or praise my clever wordplay.

Click on any image to enlarge it, or to begin slide show.

“If the world were a bit more like ComicCon, it would be a better place.” ~Matt Smith

“Thanks. Seriously, you must have better things to do with your life than waste it on the hopeless?”

“I’ve already learned Parseltongue. What else is there?”

“Elvish.”

~Michelle Hodkin

“I try to go out of my way to connect with each person as much as I possibly can despite the long lines and stifling crowds and people in cosplay with fakes weapons who accidentally poke people in the eyes with rubber broadswords.” ~Felicia Day

“NASA scientists have discovered a new form of life. Unfortunately, it won’t date them either.” ~Stephen Colbert

“Why is being a nerd bad? Saying ‘I notice you’re a nerd’ is like saying, ‘Hey, I notice that you’d rather be intelligent than be stupid, that you’d rather be thoughtful than be vapid, that you believe that there are things that matter more than the arrest record of Lindsey Lohan.’ Why is that?” ~John Green

“If you like nerds, raise your hand. If you don’t, raise your standards.”    ~Violet Haberdasher

This entry was posted in Humor, Popular Culture & Entertainment, Quips and Quotes and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

43 Responses to Nerds of the World, Unite!*

1. Elect me Benevolent Nerd Dictator for life and I will ensure that the world never runs out of bacon or pizza delivered by Storm Troopers (vegan and gluten free options available at all times).

2. Where do you FIND all these?!!!! LMAO!

3. Jennwith2ns says:

Technically “untie” would be a spelling issue, not a grammar one, though usually grammar, spelling, and word nerds typically have a largely overlapping Venn diagram.
    😉

4. Relax... says:

Lol! My husband’s lifelong engineer buddy, whose handwritten notes bore Wite-Out spots until 2018’s upgrade to a typewriter, wants to know if pocket protectors were declared illegal or something.

5. Pocket protectors have been replaced by thumb drive key chains. 5-6 thumb drives per ring. Color coded…

6. Zoewiezoe says:

But….are you actually a nerd….or a geek in disguise 🤪🤔

7. boromax says:

Guilty on all counts. Eye r 1-2.

8. I LOVE this post, bro. However, I must confess to a little confusion. Your very first sentence reads as follows:

My question: are you stating that every human being on the planet is a nerd and some of us are unaware of this fact? Or did you mean to say:
    There are two kinds of nerds in the world: Those who know they’re nerds, and those who don’t.

My nerd Mensa brain noticed a couple of other missteps too, particularly in your replies to comments, but I don’t want to overwhelm you. Even Mensa nerds can only handle so much at once 😀

Great pictures. Thanks for the chuckles!

9. revruss1220 says:

Right on! Anyone who has been to a high school reunion of 20 years (or longer) has seen a living re-enactment of “The Revenge of the Nerds” right before their eyes. Those teenage tables have a rather satisfying way of turning, don’t they?

10. These are great!! 😀 😀 😀

11. Pingback: Nerds of the World Unite!* – The Raircloene

12. Vanely says:

I used to be called a nerd in school, but I always took it as a compliment even though it wasn’t meant that way!

“The word ‘nerd’ is just another way of people saying you’re intelligent”, my dad would tell me 🤓✨

Enjoyed the post, Mitch!

13. #Longlivethenerds LOL this was hilarious

14. Kellie says:

Oh I love this post, had me laughing throughout 👌

15. Beck says:

Fantastic! These made me laugh out loud.

16. Pam Webb says:

May the farce be with you.

17. I laughed so hard! Poor Pinocchio.

18. Thank you for this. My entire immediate family fall into both categories. Loved every word, comic and comment. This made my Saturday.

19. Hilarious.  BTW, those who are obsessed with puns like to see movies with full frontal nerdity.

20. Naya.E says:

Lol I’ve always known I’m a nerd….And I love it 🤣

21. Esdi Dylan says:

Glad I found this precious post!😂

22. gpavants says:

Mitch,

These are great! Fun, nerd fun.

Thanks,