Look for the Crack

Hope is the Lens

“Listen to the mustn’ts, child. Listen to the don’ts. Listen to the shouldn’ts, the impossibles, the won’ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me… Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.” ~Shel Silverstein

“Hold fast to dreams,
For if dreams die
Life is a broken-winged bird,
That cannot fly.”
~Langston Hughes

“Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul
And sings the tune without the words
And never stops at all.”
~Emily Dickinson

“There is a crack in everything.
That’s how the light gets in.”
~Leonard Cohen

“Life damages us, everyone. We can’t escape that damage. But now, I am also learning this: We can be mended. We mend each other” ~Veronica Roth

This entry was posted in Poetry, Quips and Quotes and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Look for the Crack

1. Those are some profound quotes. Thank you for sharing!

2. Julia says:

“The things which are impossible with men are possible with God” He is the hope we cannot afford to be without. Great post Mitch!Blessings.
    Julia

3. Great quotes! Each one has depth to be pondered.

4. simplywendi says:

your quote is the best! just wow……..

5. WOW… LOVE IT!!! There is a crack in everything, that’s how the light comes in…

Per the last quote: I wish we could mend each other across the divide of politics and societal issues. With God I know all things are possible (Matthew 19:26)–even this!

7. RecoveryWise says:

Lovely selections of hope and promise. Nice share.

8. Thank you for the messages of hope and light. I need them.

9. HAT says:

Oh, my. That for you Christian world is not the paradigmatic world of “no, you can’t” that these statements resist, that for you they are instead fundamentally compatible (I presume) – maybe why I can stand to read your Christian blog.

10. Ann Coleman says:

Amen to all of those quotes!

11. Smitha V says:

Beautiful reminders

12. This post made me think of a quote from a movie I watched last night: “ Dreams do nothing if you keep them in your head.”

13. Jennie says: