Skewed Humor for a Skewed World

Skewed (def) – Marked by a sudden, unexpected change in direction. Synonyms: lurching, asymmetrical, off-kilter.

Our world has always been a little skewed. But 2020, it would seem, is the year that proves it once and for all. And no one captures that truth better than cartoonists. Their message: You want unpredictable? Want off-kilter? Well, you picked the right year!

Click on any image to enlarge it, to read caption, or to begin slide show.

“She had a strange feeling in the pit of her stomach, like when you’re swimming and you want to put your feet down on something solid, but the water’s deeper than you think and there’s nothing there.” ~Julia Gregson

“You don’t get explanations in real life. You just get moments that are absolutely, utterly, inexplicably odd.” ~Neil Gaiman

“Calamities reveal your capabilities. Take note of this and when times get odd, prepare and shine.” ~Israelmore Ayivor

In the end, it’s the off-kilter and unexpected things that change us the most. How we prepare says less about us than how we adjust!

This entry was posted in Humor, Quips and Quotes and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

31 Responses to Skewed Humor for a Skewed World

1. So love this post, Mitch! We need all the humor we can get in the days we are living in!!!!

2. Hahahah, loved these! Maggie

3. BluntPathway says:

Hahahaha this is a great post. Thanks for the laughs! “waiting see how many likes a diagnosis gets”.

4. Made me laugh! I agree with the last sentiment. We can only control our reactions this year. It’s a good lesson.

5. atimetoshare.me says:

My favorites are the memory group and he Swiss pirate. They’re all funny!

6. Relax... says:

I laughed out loud at a number of these.. thank you for that!

7. pastorpete51 says:

Yeah Moses still isn’t getting many likes today!

8. Hmm, I was just thinking this afternoon that I appear to have bought myself a one-way ticket to Bizarro World.

9. Julia says:

Wonderful post……Beware of emotional support dog was too cute!!! Thanks for the break from the so serious times we live in.
    Julia

10. Hetty Eliot says:

Oh boy these were funny! Especially the Speedbump ones.

11. Ann Coleman says:

I loved these, and they just made my day. As did the church sign I saw yesterday regarding the years 2020: “This, too, shall pass…..it’s going to feel like passing a kidney stone, but it WILL pass…..”

12. Definitely we’ll share Clarke Kent and The people butchers. Thanks Mitch. Happy blessed a Sunday!

13. Thanks Mitch!💗☕️☕️

14. Pingback: Coffee selections

15. landl30 says:

Love ’em. Thanks for compiling them.

16. revruss1220 says:

What a welcome respite. Thanks, Mitch.

17. kinge says:

The pictures are really funny. Love the contrasts. Great post.

18. maristravels says:

It’s all been said above, but yes, a lovely humorous post with some laugh out loud cartoons.

19. GP Cox says:

I needed that, thanks, Mitch!!