The Upside to COVID-19 (for Writers Only)

Remember…

Writing

“You need to spend time crawling alone through shadows to truly appreciate what it is to stand in the sun.” ~Shaun Hick

“When everything is wiped blank, it’s life’s way of forcing you to become acquainted with who you are now, who you can become.” ~Jennifer DeLucy

“There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.”    ~Maya Angelou

“There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed.” ~Ernest Hemingway

“I can shake off everything as I write; my sorrows disappear, my courage is reborn.” ~Anne Frank

“You must write every single day of your life. (You must) lurk in libraries and climb the stacks… sniff books like perfumes and wear books like hats upon your crazy heads… be in love… and out of that love, remake a world.”    ~Ray Bradbury

This entry was posted in Books, Humor, Quips and Quotes, Writing and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

37 Responses to The Upside to COVID-19 (for Writers Only)

1. Needed those quotes today. Thanks.

2. kendorphin says:

To write is to live. I like to process things as I type. It makes life more meaningful.

3. A wonderful post! I loved all the quotes you included here.

4. jimspoor says:

Thank you. Inspiration resides here

5. Dora says:

My motto? When you’ve got nothing left to say, start writing.

6. Well, writing about Covid could take up the rest of my life …

7. CG Thelen says:

Thanks for another great set of quotes. They’re even more powerful when read together.

8. Kellie says:

Great quotes! I love the Jennifer DeLucy one, so true with COVID, many of us becoming acquainted with who we are now… 👌

9. You’re probably going to think this is crazy, but years ago I started a blog called “I write to keep my head from exploding.” I was so happy to see that no one else had a WordPress blog by that name! I even bought the domain from GoDaddy, so it would be mine forever.

The next day, I came to my senses and deleted that stupid WP blog. I also got a refund for the domain.

Here’s the link. It leads to a page saying that the blog is no longer available because the authors have deleted this site:

It’s true, though. If I don’t write on a regular basis — Watch Out!

10. Thank you. Great quotes, especially Bradbury and Frank.

11. Deb Farris says:

Beautiful. I just read these out loud to my husband and he’s not even the writer in the family but he is a reader and surely gets it. 🙂 Thanks Mitch.

12. Hetty Eliot says:

I love how they all speak to a different meaning of writing. Some love riveting plots, others love exploring the psyche.

13. Chioma says:

“There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.” This here, is my take home🤗. Thank you Mitch

14. Beck says:

Love the Ray Bradbury quote especially!

15. Pam Webb says:

Ray Bradbury knows how to say what needs to be said.

16. I like the play on Nietzsche’ quote. 😉

17. Ann Coleman says:

I loved that first quote! It’s a writer’s take on the old saying, “what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.” I like this version better.

18. moread says:

Hello Is this your private photo? https://bit.ly/3bynjLy 155718658088220155718658088220155718658088220

19. usfman says:

I’ll write about then anything but masks, hand sanitizers, and toilet paper.

20. moread says:

Hello Is this your private photo? https://bit.ly/3bynjLy 222222222222222222222222222222222222222

21. Sara says:

Great quotes! Needed them today. Thanks for sharing!

22. Pingback: Trump pushing Unlikely COVID Vaccine Timeline In Fight to Win Votes – The Washington Ledger

23. LaRonda Bourn says:

These are truths to remember! For so long I thought the only authentic writing was fiction, which I had no interest in. Then, as recently as three years ago, I believed writing was all about putting to words what you knew so others could know what you knew. As soon as I realized that worked for school assignments and tech books, I realized that the writing I was meant to do was a means for examining thoughts and facts in a way to make something personally valid, practical and relevant. And THAT was what made it worth writing, for me at least. And I quickly learned that I was the first reader who was influenced by my writing – so much so that what the next reader saw was very different from how I began! I also realized I AM a writer whether I post often or not, or if many people ever read what I write. I figured that out when even my emails were longer and carefully structured! 😂

24. that’s so amazing and beautiful. thanks for motivating. really needed
    I really loved it especially the way you describe it in detail.
    loved this. and I hope you would also like to check my site:
    Fitness Health Motto