What If Animated Characters Were Real?

I loved cartoons as a kid. But unlike many adults I never completely outgrew them. True, I’m pickier now. But a glimpse of the characters from Beauty and the Beast, Toy Story, Wreck-It Ralph, Spirited Away or My Neighbor Totoro can still make me misty. I’ve bonded with them as much as Harry who met Sally, or Rick from Casablanca, or Indiana Jones.

A lot of illustrators and cosplayers feel the same. Enough to give the animated characters they love astonishingly realistic form. True, a few like Fred Flintstone, SpongeBob or the Simpsons, fall into the creepy-but-fascinating category. But in every case, they’re homages to the characters that are already real in our hearts.

Click on any image to enlarge it, to read caption, or to begin slide show.

“Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere.” Anton (Ratatouille)

“Look inside yourself Simba. You are more than what you have become.” ~Mufasa (The Lion King)

“Your identity is your most valuable possession. Protect it.” ~Elastigirl (The Incredibles)

“I don’t need a medal to tell me I’m a good guy.” ~Ralph (Wreck-It Ralph)

“I’m a damsel, I’m in distress, and I can handle this. It’s been a real slice.” ~Meg (Hercules)

Frozone: Honey?
Honey: What?
Frozone: Where is my super-suit?
Honey: I put it away. Why do you need to know?
Frozone: I need it!
Honey: Nuh-uh! Don’t you think about running off to do some derrin’ do! We’ve been planning this dinner for two months!
Frozone: The public is in danger!
Honey: My evening’s in danger!
Frozone: Tell me where my suit is woman! We are talking the greater good!
Honey: I am your wife! I am the greatest ‘good’ you are ever gonna get!      ~The Incredibles

“To laugh at yourself is to love yourself.” ~Mickey Mouse

“I was hiding under your porch because I love you.” ~Dug the dog (Up)

“Some people are worth melting for.” ~Olaf (Frozen)

“I don’t want to survive, I want to live!” ~Captain (Wall-E)

“To infinity and beyond!” ~Buzz Lightyear (Toy Story)

Ω

This entry was posted in Humor, Movies, Quips and Quotes and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

30 Responses to What If Animated Characters Were Real?

1. badfinger20 (Max) says:

Spongebob is a little scary lol.

2. Nawazish says:

This is so interesting!

3. Love Disney! What a fun read. I’m bonded with Bambi 🤗

4. My favorites are Linguini and the old man from “Up,” real people who happen to be lookalikes with the characters. I don’t mean to say I don’t appreciate the artwork though. There is some real talent in recreating these characters more life-like. I really like the life-like Lilo from “Lilo and Stitch.”

Disney needs to hire some of these artists!

6. JMP traveler says:

Ursula was based on a real person, drag Icon Divine.

7. boromax says:

Cool! Did you ever hear this Chris Rice song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkHIANFQ304

8. Some of these are decidely creepy–but overall a lot of fun!

9. Kellie says:

Oh wow the Homer pic 😮

10. China Dream says:

golly Mitch. to me they are real =^_^=… great little piece.. thank you.

11. Khal Drogo as Scar 😂😂😂

12. I knew a guy who looked just like Fred Flintstone – it was weird seeing him driving around.

13. The quote from Dug the dog is my favorite. 🙂

14. usfman says:

The character looks in cartoons seem less important than their actions taken in a situational context.

15. Chris Van says:

This post brought a smile to my face as I looked at the pictures and the things they represent.

16. Rapunzel has always been my favorite. Love this post!

17. LaRonda Bourn says:

First of all, I’m not the biggest fan of cartoon, although I believe Jerry really shouldn’t have antagonized Tom as much as he did. But I can say that if Felix the Cat or Woody the Woodpecker had met and untimely demise, I’d have happily confessed! Happily! Give me Animaniacs and Pinky and the Brain and a bucket of popcorn and I’m happy, though.
    Second, if you haven’t seen Annie Liebovitz’s photos of celebrities portraying Disney characters, check them out here: https://mymodernmet.com/annie-leibovitz-disney-dream-portraits/. They’re brilliant!
    Fun post, Mitch!

18. swabby429 says:

Charlie Brown looks like a bully.