What If It’s Not How We Expect It to Be

Rapture

Dear believers: What if God’s plans for the future don’t go the way we expect them to? (Has the present?) What if everything plays out in a way we could never have imagined? Does it matter? Has it ever? All that matters is that we can trust Him. Completely. Because He loves us. Completely.

“For no eye has seen and no ear has heard, it has not even entered into human hearts, what God has prepared for those who love Him.”

~1 Corinthians 2:9

This entry was posted in For Pastors and Teachers, Humor, Quips and Quotes, Religion/Faith and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

43 Responses to What If It’s Not How We Expect It to Be

1. craig says:

Amen and amen!

2. Oh, yes, Mitch, but it’s hard for us to let go and let God, isn’t it? I have close to 20/20 hindsight on the things that ‘went wrong’ in my life, now to see where God’s hand guided me, (or what I needed to learn, which has been considerable, apparently).
    God knows.
    I have a feeling that when we face HIm, we do a spiritual head-smack at how clear it all should have been to us.

3. Gail Perry says:

I know that my redeemer liveth! Thus, whatever happens, he walks with me through it, and I will be safe. Mask and all! Amen to your post!

4. trE says:

Amen and amen.

5. francisashis says:

Thank you very much for the blessed post.A child has nothing to worry so long the mother is with it.Thanks a lot.Take care🌹👍🙏

6. This is truer than any human can get her mind around. God “created” infinity. This is impossible. Yet…within the dialectic, there’s God.

7. On Friday, I found out that I have cancer. It was never supposed to be this. Psalms 23 and 139 are such comfort now. And your words arrived at just the right time. Isn’t that just the way? Thank you, Mitch!

8. Gary Fultz says:

Oh yes, Jesus Christs own disciples were poster boys for wrong expectations

9. Beck says:

Beautiful. And so true.
    It is all about Love
    And I Love the cartoon!

10. revruss1220 says:

Thanks for this post, Mitch. It is exactly the message for this moment. The times when it is hardest to trust are probably the times when we most need to.

11. grAnnie Roo says:

Excellent, timely message!

12. Jon says:

“After all, He’s not a tame lion.” Lucy – The Loin, the Witch and the Wardrobe

13. smzang says:

perfect timing… perfect message !!

14. I love the saying, “I don’t know what the future holds, but I know Who holds the future.”

15. This post reminds me of one of my favorite Scriptures:

Habakkuk 3:17-19
    Holman Christian Standard Bible

17 Though the fig tree does not bud
    and there is no fruit on the vines,
    though the olive crop fails
    and the fields produce no food,
    though there are no sheep in the pen
    and no cattle in the stalls,
    18 yet I will triumph in Yahweh;
    I will rejoice in the God of my salvation!
    19 Yahweh my Lord is my strength;
    He makes my feet like those of a deer
    and enables me to walk on mountain heights!

16. Piano girl says:

Perfect reminder for today. 😊

17. joyroses13 says:

Yes, yes and again yes!!

18. Shelly says:

Spot on … thank you!

19. Thanks for the laugh and the good reminder !

20. Ann Coleman says:

I think all that matters is that we know God loves us. He knows the details of his plans, and that’s good enough for me! (And I loved that cartoon, by the way!)

21. boromax says:

Our Father loves (what we would call) “the unexpected.” I could pretty much guarantee that “it” will not be what or how we expect it to be. And I can’t wait!!

22. LaRonda Bourn says:

I think we may as well expect it to not be! But I do think it will blow our minds and leave us speechless (which would be a bona fide miracle in my case! 😉)

23. Julia says:

Mitch……….How many will be waiting for something they have learned from false teachings throughout their lives,and never took the time to see if it was of the truth or not. The great deception is alive and well in the earth and the thief of the soul of man (satan) tries his best to kill,steal and destroy all who keep their eyes off of their only hope in Christ. God Bless You.
    Julia

24. FloA says:

Just like the disciples. They thought Jesus had come to throw the Romans out and perhaps give them political positions in government. But he went to the cross. Certainly not what they expected. His ways are not our ways but he is always working all things together for our good – so we can trust him totally.

25. K.L. Hale says:

Amen! When things aren’t going at all how I expect I at least know what to expect from my Heavenly Papa! Whew!