2020 at a Glance?

Caption This Picture

Caption This Picture

And While We’re on the Subject

“It’s snowing still,” said Eeyore gloomily.
“So it is.”
“And freezing.”
“Is it?”
“Yes,” said Eeyore. “However,” he said, brightening up a little, “we haven’t had an earthquake lately.”
~A.A. Milne

“2020…(the year) many households went from, ‘It’s great to get this time together!’ to, ‘Why are you chewing so loud?’” ~Steve Maraboli

“I find it astonishing that in 2020, a smile or a hug has become an act of revolution.” ~Kara D. Spain

“I’m a pessimist because of intelligence, but an optimist because of will.”          ~Antonio Gramsci

“We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.” ~Oscar Wilde

“Life has no remote….get up and change it yourself!” ~Mark A. Cooper

“You have set yourselves a difficult task, but you will succeed if you persevere; and you will find a joy in overcoming obstacles. Remember, no effort that we make to attain something beautiful is ever lost.” ~Helen Keller

“I meant to write about death, only life came breaking in as usual.” ~Virginia Woolf

~AΩ~

This entry was posted in Humor, Quips and Quotes and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

52 Responses to 2020 at a Glance?

1. Pam Webb says:

Excellent mix. I suggest the lines from my picture book—“Someday We Will”—since we are all in need of a bit more hope to get us through 2020 and beyond.

2. Can I get a refund on 2020, please?

3. trE says:

These are all great and pertinent quotes, especially now. Thanks for sharing them, Mitch!

4. Paul says:

One great pause. Thanks for this 🙂

5. francisashis says:

Caption:’MOST OF 2020 IS IN DEEP WATER ‘.Thanks a lot for this awesome post.Take care.🌹👍🙏.

6. anitashope says:

A definite year for the history books…hope it does bleed into 2021…

7. Eeyore’s line gave me a chuckle since we actually did have a (very rare!) hurricane here in North Carolina just a couple of days ago! How 2020 of us!

8. Love the quotes, especially the one about changing your own life.
    Here’s a quote from a dream I had recently about a little boy standing alone by the side of a busy street, about to cry. I asked him, “Aw, honey, what’s wrong?” With the tears spilling over, he cried, “I haven’t had a hug today!!!” (Yes, I hugged him. Lock me up.)

9. tref says:

I could not do better than your title. Perfect.

10. “I say I will be back in a minute with a rope!”

11. M.B. Henry says:

I live in California and I’m afraid we DID have an earthquake lol! 🙂 Not a bad one but enough to startle me awake 🙂

12. Good ole Eeyore! As to the caption for your photo, Oh, crap, comes to mind.

13. numrhood says:

4545 in a glance

14. revruss1220 says:

Caption: “So THAT’S what happened to my house!”

Great quotes! Thanks for those.

15. Gloryteller says:

Beware . . . if you gaze long into an abyss . . .
    Thanks for the very good, very pertinent, quotations!

16. Any time is a good time for thought-provoking quotes, by several inspiring and talented greats.

17. There is a bottom. Then a way up. But only if we don’t let ourselves get stuck down there.

18. Antonio Gramsci’s quote saddens me. I did not know who he was or what he stood for, but I did a quick read on Wikipedia, and that saddened me even more. I would, due to my worldview, state what he said differently. I would say “I am a pessimist because of intelligence and due to my own sinfulness, but I am an optimist because of God and his Word and promises.”

19. K.L. Hale says:

I love the quotes Mitch. They’re perfect selections to describe this year. Peace and blessings to you! 💚

20. Ann Coleman says:

Fabulous quotes, Mitch! But I admit I especially liked the photo…very timely, it’s all of us wondering where the heck all our plans for this year went.

21. grAnnie Roo says:

Thanks to a strong signal today I can see you’ve outdone yourself – again, Mitch. Excellent!

22. SLIMJIM says:

Thanks for your reading my Bible contradiction answered post, and for commenting on there

23. Amazing quotes sir!
    I tried to write on the similar topic, I would really feel happy if you check it out