Adorable Junk

“One person’s junk is another person’s treasure.” Especially if the other person is a sculptor. It’s astonishing how many junk-scrap-found object-spare parts sculptors there are in the world. But they all have one thing in common: they see robots, flying machines and winged horses where other’s see rusty bolts, tarnished cutlery and unwanted cigar boxes. It seems the key to being an artist—any kind of artist—is to see what others cannot–and then show it to them!

Click on any image to enlarge it, to read caption, or to begin slide show.

“Many works would be senseless, real junk, but for the fact that, being art, they are exhibited because they have a message of almost religious importance, interpreting man and his world–yes, perhaps even as junk.” ~H. R. Rookmaaker

“Salt is useful when in association, but useless in isolation.” ~Israelmore Ayivor

“Rejection is simply a ‘re-direction’.” ~The Truth AD Infinitum

“I kinda felt like the first slice of bread in the bag. Everyone touched me, but no one wanted me.” ~Kelly Moran

“Rejected, abandoned, unwanted. Like me. I fixed it up. Made it mine.” ~Jasinda Wilder

“Rejection and failure is an inevitable and integral part of the process to achieving your dreams.” ~Miya Yamanouchi

“The stone the builders rejected has become the cornerstone.” ~Matthew 21:42

This entry was posted in Humor, Quips and Quotes and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

37 Responses to Adorable Junk

1. These are awesome Mitch it reminds me of that old song “Touch Of the master’s Hand.”

2. Amazing pictures. I especially like the Recycled Art Dragon. Wow!

3. Beck says:

I love all these. You made my day again!! I also appreciate all the quotes at the end. Especially the last verse. Thanks!

4. Pingback: Faithful Friday 7-17-20 | Lillie-Put

5. numrhood says:

matthew 46:17
    the lord is my refuge & strength
    are you my present help in building

6. Oh my goodness! How stinking adorable. This is totally my kind of art, it has a bit of steampunk going on and some Wizard of Oz whimsy, Tik Tok and oil cans. Just delightful! My hubby has a junk tree where he hangs his treasures, no not adorable at all, but he does have an alligator head with a troll’s leg in it’s mouth that often makes me smile. It’s a bit disturbing late at night when you’re lost in thought and forget it’s there, but otherwise amusing.

7. Roadtirement says:

I never cease to be amazed at the creativity displayed by folks around the world. What a fun montage of creations.

8. Hetty Eliot says:

This is just great! You never cease to bring wonder into our lives through these pictures you post. The quotations are so meaningful as well.

9. These are so beautiful Mitch. The buffalo is my favourite big one and the rabbit is gorgeous. We have a guy who did some work for us that welded a big bull out of scrap metal – I didn’t see it but my husband said it was amazing. How we repurpose and see the world is all individual. Also I love the quote about salt – very true.

10. pastorpete51 says:

Oh gotta love the salt and pepper couple with spoon legs!

11. These are amazing! I love every one of them!

12. Manisha says:

I liked each one of them . This is really interesting

13. I particularly like the old farm equipment sculptures. I got a chuckle out of the Robodoll. According to my dad, back in the day, ladies with generous bottoms were called “spry” (fat in a can).

14. revruss1220 says:

Wow! Amazing! Where in the word do you find this stuff???

15. China Dream says:

I just love the collection you presented to us.. thank you.

16. Msdedeng says:

Love the kettle.

17. Fantastic!

18. JMP traveler says:

So great I love them all but now I want to try to make one but I know all I will create is a cut on my hand or a big brusie from dropping something on my foot.

19. Dolly Vas says:

The rejection is simply a redirection. This posts really deserve applause . Commendable post.

20. They are adorable! Reblogging.

21. All are marvelous, and the cockerel would be perfect for Baba Yaga’s commute.

22. Ann Coleman says:

Even in the midst of these crazy times, you always find a way to make me smile. And you give hope, grounded in faith, which is more helpful that you’ll ever know. Thanks for the quotes and the photos!! (And if you ever decide to run for president, I’d vote for you.)

23. Pingback: Adorable Junk – BAREFEET BARISTAS ARE PEERK'D!

24. boromax says:

Love, love, love this type of assemblage art!!