I Miss the World

I grew up near the beach in Southern California. Honestly, I didn’t go all that often once I grew up. But the moment we moved away, I missed it. I missed knowing I could. This pandemic has made me feel that way about the whole world. I miss places I’ve never been. Here are a few locales that cry out to me, some spectacular, some quaint and inviting. I may never visit them. But I want to know that I can!

Click on any image to enlarge it, or to start begin show.

This entry was posted in Quips and Quotes and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

67 Responses to I Miss the World

1. When You go to church there let me know. I’ll come with

2. Like long lost relatives. Forgotten friends. Overlooked relationships. We are now in a love affair with what was.. and what could have been. Another though provoking post Mitch. Profound in both its imagery and simplicity. thank you for the trip down (earth) lovers lane! 💖💖

3. Thanks for the wonderful virtual tour today Mitch. What amazing places you have curated for us to visit through these photos. And I agree, I also miss knowing we could visit them if we wanted to. Our last trip was to Croatia last September. So glad we have those memories!

4. delphini510 says:

This only goes to show how beautiful our planet is. Your destinations are so beautiful and if we keep up improving our ways you can start deciding where to start.
    We don’t know but by staying alert and protect ourselves and our fellow man we have a chance to
    experience much. Maybe on an even deeper level.

Miriam

5. Pingback: I Miss the World – Inspirations By Katheryn

6. I shared your blog but w/o the pictures. It is something we all know is true, but worded especially well by you.

7. I’ve often felt homesick for places I’ve never been to and cultures I’ve never experienced. I feel like I belong there AND here. My hope for heaven is that I’ll be able to visit anywhere! I feel like we were made for the whole world, not just one place. When we’re freed from these restrictive earthly bodies, we’ll be free to experience everything God made for us – a new heaven and a new earth! 🙂

8. Well, I could not agree with you more! And I’ve been to a couple of places in your photos, but would like to see more. I have been blessed with a lot of travels over the past years, so I’ve reminisced during this time at home. And I’m planning a vacation in the fall, being optimistic. Love the photos above!

9. robstroud says:

Amazing images, as always when you gather a slideshow. I was so surprised by the giant crystals–I never knew they could grow so large–that I had to read more about them… They formed because of being submerged (except during a period of mining that exposed them). Soaking at high temperatures in that mineral-laced water, is the reason they have grown so large.

Things like this cause me to be even more in awe of God’s creativity and wonder. There, far beneath the earth, he took the centuries necessary to create this spectacle. And only incidentally (essentially, by accident) does it even come to the notice of humanity. As with many other images here portraying the majesty of nature, it moves me to praise our Creator.

10. Beck says:

I feel the same – I miss the world too! This lets me know I’ve got a lot of places to visit…

11. I think I should like to go to the Scottish Highlands. (I have ancestry there, too.)

12. Bill Sweeney says:

Thanks, Mitch. It’s been a long week, I needed that virtual vacation.

13. This pandemic has brought back memories of where I’ve been and a longing for the places I have yet to visit. I’ve wondered if things would ever get to a point wherein I will be able to travel more.

I’ve only been to one place among all those enticing scenes: the Garden of Gethsemane. Ah, for an unlimited travel budget–and the absence of COVID-19–I could be packing right now. Then again, I could put together my own slideshow of the lovely places I have been privileged to see.

15. Gorgeous pictures!
    Where in So Cal did you grow up? I am originally from Pasadena and any beach from Seal Beach down to Laguna was my playground. I was the true quintessential California beach bum. 🙂

16. catsartpics says:

Very beautiful pictures!

I’ve always wanted to see the underground crystals in Mexico.

17. Gail Perry says:

Angor Wat was amazing! You might drop in at the Rock of Cashel, in Cork Ireland as well. St. Patrick did, a while ago. It’s kind of in ruins now, but incredible nonetheless.

18. K E Garland says:

lol exactly! It’s like going on a diet. All of a sudden you want all the things, even the things you’ve never eaten.

19. Dora says:

Glimpses of true beauty on earth! Only think what heaven must be like!!!

20. Kellie says:

Wow what beautiful images, and yes it is funny we don’t always go somewhere but it’s nice knowing we can 😊

21. Piano girl says:

Today, I suddenly missed going to a movie theater.

22. winfred says:

Beautiful places….

23. Dolly Vas says:

Chitorgarh fort awesome
    sir all r awsm picks

24. Judy Ramsey says:

When you come to Texas, let me know. I’ll leave the light on!

25. Rupali says:

Amazing captures.
    I too miss travelling.

26. China Dream says:

a wonderful collection, thank you..

27. Beautiful pictures! I love the one in Arches National Park!
    I miss these and the little things, too, like going to shopping , hugging a friend, going out to dinner, going to church, visiting family, taking a road trip, and many more ordinary things!

28. Relatable post ❤️❤️

29. We’re in a heck of a mess. Where’s the vaccine? We need it!

30. Jennie says:

My goodness! Thank you for this post, Mitch.

31. E says:

These pictures are gorgeous. I miss the world too. With my husband going into kidney failure during this pandemic we can’t afford any risks or pretending there’s danger. Praying hard for a vaccine soon.

32. It’s such a great planet! What helps me is to know that we’ll have eternity to visit these places!

33. I can identify… Sometimes I want to walk the North Rim of the Grand Canyon… and other times the trials and tribulations of life send me craving the Pacific Northwest coast off Neahkahnie…Sometimes all in the same day!

34. doctorpaddy says:

Quite a bucket list! I would add Edinburgh, Bath, and York. Been there and would love to go back.

35. kagould17 says:

I’m with you. I just want the opportunity to travel. Stay well. Allan

36. SalGallaher says:

Beautiful photos of our beautiful world.
    I hope we all get back the option to travel to beautiful places again in the very near future. Stay safe.