The Revolution to End All Revolutions

If You Abide in My Word

“Love your enemies.” Outrageous! No one had ever dared propose such a thing before. It’s called grace, unmerited favor toward those who don’t deserve it (which is everyone, by the way). And it’s at the very the core of Jesus’ teachings. It’s the most revolutionary idea ever put forth. So revolutionary that few have even tried it. But if we do, Jesus says, if we follow after him, allowing his Spirit to invade our lives, we become his disciples, are radically transformed, and gain the power to heal our broken world. Now that’s a revolution! In fact, it’s literally the revolution to end all revolutions. Dare we say yes?

34 Responses to The Revolution to End All Revolutions

1. Gail Perry says:

AMEN! Again, I say Amen!

2. I like to think of it as the Re-LOVE-ution to give it an entirely different perspective on changing the world!

3. Enlightening thoughts here..

4. theburningheart says:

Amen, brother! 🙂

5. cindy knoke says:

Yes!! Amen! Blessings to you and yours Mitch and thank you for posting 🙏

6. This is a revolution worth being a part of…

7. Yes! I began praying DAILY for terrorists in 2005, and I have seen numerous answers to those prayers. I just finished a book by a former would-be suicide bomber, whose story is an answer to my prayers in so many ways. I am so looking forward to meeting her and others when we get to heaven.

8. anitashope says:

And the only things that will save us all.

9. catsartpics says:

I couldn’t imagine life w/o scripture……and you?

10. Susan says:

I’m at this point where I’m having trouble loving everyone who wronged and betrayed me and this piece just helped me move forward. Thank you 😊

11. John Purvis says:

Mitch, your message of loving others is still revolutionary today. Its one I’m happy to sign up for though, Thank you.

12. numrhood says:

john 8:33 missing
    john 7:33
    john 33:56-07 call unto thee
    thou shall answer thee

13. hey, thanks for stopping by, blessings

14. Amen saved by grace ❤️

15. billtonnis says:

This is so true. It reminds me of G.K Chesterton’s quote: “Christianity has not be tried and and found wanting; it has been found difficult and not tried.”

16. Ann Coleman says:

Now that’s a revolution I want to be a part of!

17. Mel Wild says:

Yes!!! Since I said yes to abiding in His love several years ago, my life has dramatically changed (a major understatement!). There is nothing so transforming as experiencing His love!

What an unbelievable privilege: to participate in the healing of our broken world. But for that, to love my enemies and forgive every offense, I need God’s grace every day. Praise God he’s always willing to supply!