Has the World Gotten Weirder This Year?

(Click on any image to enlarge it, or to begin slide show.)

And don’t miss the second set of pictures and quotes below.

Then again, maybe we’ve always been weird:

“I’m very polite by nature, even the voices in my head let each other finish their sentences.” ~Graham Parke

“I’d rather be a little weird than all boring.” ~Rebecca McKinsey

I am sure some of you are looking at me and thinking, ‘Well, at least I am not as weird as you,’ and I am thinking, ‘Well, at least I am not as weird as the people in the loony bin,’ and the people in the loony bin are thinking, ‘Well, at least I am an orange’.” ~Jim Gaffigan

“We look at each other with shy relief. It’s the look two odd socks give when they recognize each other in the wild.” ~Fiona Wood

“When any worthwhile thing is done in the world, it’s usually done by somebody weird.” ~John Sandford

“What makes you different or weird—that’s your strength.” ~Meryl Streep

“Nobody feels normal. Everybody just thinks everybody else does.”

~Healing River

This entry was posted in Humor, Quips and Quotes and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to Has the World Gotten Weirder This Year?

1. Eliza Ayres says:

Reblogged this on Blue Dragon Journal.

2. Trev Jones says:

Well, there’s some strange photographs there, Mitch, but the way this year is going, nothing will surprise me anymore.

3. SarahC says:

Watching for dinosaur next of course 😀

4. kindfeelings says:

Sometimes weird is individuality.

5. I was going to answer with a resounding yes to your question–then I looked at the second set of photos. Oops.

6. Can’t be any weirder than live is at the moment!

7. Kellie says:

Great pics thanks! The orange quote at the end was hilarious too 👌

8. Somebody, please pinch me. I’m having a nightmare and I need to wake up!

9. charlypriest says:

I think the word weird at this point is an understatement

10. gracespeaker says:

In response to the question in your title — apparently! Thanks for the smiles!

11. Surprisingly i was also thinking the same but funnily not funny as in India suddenly beef eaters became criminals and started getting more priority clearance from earth,
    Media started giving verdicts on sensitive cases,we doctors are now acquiring same status and treatment of a woman (no rights only duties), being poor was always curse but being resourceful is also becoming the reason of rage from society,,,,and thus madness has no ends it seems🙄

• TEP336 says:

Humans will generally find any and all excuses to mistake mental instability for equilibrium. It’s up to the sane and rational to find a way to balance it out. May the Lord bless your work, and make your enemies blind to your existence.

12. TEP336 says:

There’s weird, and then there’s downright kooky. Thanks, as always, for sharing. Lord knows we need more humor in the world right now.

13. James says:

The world has absolutely gotten weirder. However, these are not the kind of photos I was expecting and that’s a good thing. I needed a funny diversion from what I was expecting.

14. K.L. Hale says:

To answer your question, yes! And by looking at the pictures (great laughs) and reading the quotes. I’ve been called weird (and like it), but it appears I have a long way to go to be the weirdest. 😏

15. gpavants says:

Hi Mitch,

Oh.. gosh…people are weird. Thanks for the reminder.

Gary