Trusting God

Presentation1Serena et Eterna (photo by Zu Sanchez)

We live in an uncertain era. In times like this I’m tempted to shout, “Why, Lord?” But then I think of our little cat Misha’s reaction after we’ve give her yet another dreaded ear mite treatment. What does she do? She turns to us for comfort! Why? Because she trusts us. She doesn’t understand why we do what we do, but she knows we love her. So she trusts us. Period. End of story. Amen.

Now, I don’t mean to make insulting comparisons (sorry, Misha), because frankly her understanding of our will is infinitely closer than our understanding of God’s will. So, note to self: You say you don’t understand what God is doing? Well, duh! How else could it be? I don’t know what God is up to in this crazy COVID era, but I do know He loves us. So I trust him. Period. End of story. Amen.

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do and he will show you which path to take.” ~Proverbs 3:5-6

This entry was posted in For Pastors and Teachers, Humor, Quips and Quotes, Religion/Faith and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

37 Responses to Trusting God

1. Cats are amazing alright! I love Corrie ten Boom and that quote!!

2. I think God is making the world enter their closet and close their door so they will turn to him.

3. joyroses13 says:

VERY WELL SAID! 🙂 Thanks for the reminder!

4. And the Lord is opening up paths for His people to follow. At least I am finding it so. While I don’t understand it or know what is at the end I see the entrance to a new path.

5. tanaka_tkzy says:

Preach Brother Preach!!!

6. “Well, duh!”
    Haha! Couldn’t have said it better myself.

7. Jane Tawel says:

Yes, good word and good comparison of us to cats. 🙂 Love the quote by Corrie Ten Boom — saw her speak lllloooonnnnggggg ago in Winona Lake, Indiana.

8. nickreeves says:

True dat.
    And, also
    true cat.

Peace.

9. Great analogy. This is very true!

10. I like this quote from a book by Jerry Bridges: “Yet it is just as important to trust God as it is to obey Him. When we disobey God we defy His authority and despise His holiness. But when we fail to trust God we doubt His sovereignty and question His goodness. In both cases we cast aspersions upon His majesty and His character. God views our distrust of Him as seriously as He views Our disobedience. When the people of Israel were hungry they spoke against God, saying, “Can God spread a table in the desert?… Can he supply meat for his people?” The next two verses tell us, “When the LORD heard them, he was very angry … for they did not believe in God or trust in his deliverance” (Psalm 78:19–22).” Jerry Bridges, Trusting God (Colorado Springs, CO: NavPress, 1988)

11. simplywendi says:

beautiful comparison! 🙂

12. Reblogged this on A Blog About Healing From PTSD and commented:
    If only our poodle was as trusting as Mitch’s cat. 😀

13. successbmine says:

Loved it Mitch. I love cats, too, though I don’t have one for numerous reasons. They are so trusting and it is a great comparison to how we should, but often don’t, respond to the Lord.

14. Very true, Mitch!

15. Ann Coleman says:

Thanks, Mitch! That’s what I need to hear today.

16. c.f. leach says:

Great Post! Excellent analogy. Would you be amenable to my sharing this as a featured blog on my site?

17. Kristi Ann says:

Hallelujah and Maranatha Amen-Amein!!

Love Always and Shalom, YSIC \o/

Kristi Ann

18. Pingback: Trusting God | Rhemalogy

19. gpavants says:

Mitch,

Trust the writer of history to know how to take care and mature his characters. He is the only one with the right perspective.

Thanks,

Gary

20. nitinsingh says:

Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known GOD👌👌👌

21. The cats understanding of us, can not be greater than the understanding we have of God. The cat has two things to git through understanding before understanding us. We only have one in what we are trying to understanding.

22. keithpetersen80 says:

I don’t like cats, but Proverbs 3:5-6 are two of my favorite verses in the Bible. Yes, it’s all about trusting the Lord!

23. Hi Mitch, @mitchteemley.com/, I appreciate the support you give by reading and commenting on my blog posts! You are very talented in your presentation and creation. I have nominated you for the Liebster Award. The Link is: https://tkbrownwriter.wordpress.com/2020/05/30/leibster-award/.

24. canadaslim says:

I agree, Mitch.
    Only the belief that good will prevail, only the hope of good people standing together in the face of disease and disorder and despair will there be light at the end of these dark tunnels in which we find ourselves.