The devils are here

1069352

CaptureMy Featured Blogger this week is Benyamin Bensalah of Benyapoesy. Calling himself a “pocket poet” (I’m not sure what that means, but I like it), Benyamin is of Algerian/Hungarian extraction. By his own description he is “a strange production of human society, geek, language bug, and a bit insane.”

Benyamin’s pieces run from the melancholy (below) to the light-hearted. A student of poetry, he writes in various styles and motifs. Themes of faith, doubt, hope and despair dance through his poems (note the way Shakespeare’s words dance through this piece).

Visit and join the dance.

Benyapoesy

Hell will be one of the most well-known concepts ever:
is there anybody who needs to tell
empty feelings, pains and people who feed on each other,
and is there anybody to tell we are living hell;
all vain trials, hardships and sacrifices just to live happier –
the so-called gent are like the mademoiselle,
devils on Earth by sole purpose to hurt in- and exterior;
are not the lands better without us to dwell,
here, it is better to say, not us, but there are devils from hell.

(Hell is empty and all the devils are here – William Shakespeare)

Benyamin Bensalah

11.05.2020

View original post

This entry was posted in Poetry, Quips and Quotes, Writing and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to The devils are here

1. Christine Ciccarelli says:

Good Morning! If any words could explain Hell in real terms Mitch, I just don’t know what they could be. Growing up I seeked attention in wrong ways. Wish my message as a young person had been more Christ centered.. This would have spared me a lot of pain. At this age I’m much more aware of what I can do & how….

2. Kim Smyth says:

I’ve often wondered if we were indeed living hell on earth, I pray that is not the case! I don’t FEEL like I’m in hell, nor do I want to! Sometimes I wonder if the Rapture came and I got left because my faith wasn’t strong enough. Those are bad thoughts though, trying to be more positive and hopeful these days.

3. hannahtk says:

I’ve heard it said that for the Christian, earth is the worst hell we’ll ever endure. For the non-Christian, earth is the best heaven they’ll ever have. Amazing, sobering truth!

4. Wow, I love the post!

5. gpavants says:

Hi Mitch,

Thanks for sharing this. It’s good to work through ideas through poetry. Thanks,

Gary

6. Salem Andero says:

Uhhh
    It is only me or what?
    The message isn’t really clear to me.
    From the little I could pick up🤔🤔

It’s true we’ve got lots and lots of demons even worse than the Devil here on earth. But we’re covered, it’s only ourselves that make us fall, God won’t permit the demons to bring trials greater than what I can overcome.
    We’ve all got to get wider knowledge of whom we are serving.

• mitchteemley says:

I think Benyamin is more interested in hell and demons as metaphors than as actual spiritual/religious topics, Salem. I don’t know his background, but as far as I can tell he’s not a believer.