The Joy of Yardwork!

thWay back in 2019 BC (Before Coronavirus) yardwork was a heinous chore. But now, in the year 2020 AD (After the Disease), I actually look forward to the times I get to visit that mystical place called “Outside.”

I mowed last weekend, and actually enjoyed it! It turns out the sun is still sunny. The air is still airy. Buds are still budding. And leaves are still, well, not leaving—arriving, actually.

I really should work on my gardening skills. I mean, heck, I have ten thumbs, you’d think one of them would be green.

I was surprised to find scattered among the clover, wild onions, and dandelions, some strange green blades. I looked them up and found out they’re called “grass.” I’m not too concerned, though. Unlike coronavirus…

There’s little chance they’ll spread.

This entry was posted in Humor and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

41 Responses to The Joy of Yardwork!

1. Eliza Ayres says:

Reblogged this on Blue Dragon Journal and commented:
    Sounds like you have salad makings in your own yard!

2. Gersom Clark says:

Funny Mitch! 😆👍

3. Hahaha I actually started planting stuff indoors…! 😂

4. This is brilliant. Perfect. I may have to quit blogging now. There’s no way I can ever top this! 😉

5. Debby Winter says:

It is such a pleasure to sink my hands into the warm earth, to feel at my fingertips the possibilities of this new season 🙂

6. Gail Perry says:

😂🌞⛳golf grass?

7. exhebdenmick says:

You know what they say Mitch, Yardwork never hurt anyone!

8. RGS says:

Such wit! Me and my dog Sam live in a rural area so we are fortunate to have freedom of movement that allows us to get outside to enjoy fresh air, sunshine and exercise. And even yard recreation!

9. Those old reel-type power mowers in your pic made the most beautiful lawns. It was a sort of scissor-cut which didn’t leave any ragged ends. 🙂

10. revruss1220 says:

YES! Yardwork can be such a blessed release. However, today in Fort Collins, CO we have 10+ inches of snow on the ground and IT IS STILL COMING DOWN! Oh to catch sight of those little green blades you speak of.

11. HaHa! It’s amazing how we can learn to appreciate these things … My hope is that we will learn to appreciate many more of those small, simple and local things around us. 🙂

12. M.B. Henry says:

Lol nice. We have an apartment so no yard work 😦 But we do have a nice aerogarden for herbs.

13. trE says:

Haha. A lot of humor and puns in this one, Mitch. I hope you’re enjoying the fresh air too 🙂

14. Tausha J. says:

BC-Before Coronavirus – hahaha good one! Thank you for the laugh!

15. How do you come up with this stuff?! 😂

16. Once you mow the weeds to a uniform height, they blend together to look like grass. (That’s how we do it!)

17. Hilarious! I really enjoyed this read

18. Jon says:

Thanks for some fun Mitch!

19. sandomina says:

That’s was amazing, Mitch. It brought a smile to my face in these stressful times.

20. Pingback: The Joy of Yardwork! — Mitch Teemley (Too Good Not to Share :-D) – A Blog About Healing From PTSD

21. carhicks says:

I am looking forward to getting out and working in the garden. I cut the grass Monday, today it is snowing. C’est la vie.

22. successbmine says:

Love it Mitch! I used to like mowing grass, but living now in a high rise, I don’t need to do it. Now I’m glad I don’t have a lawn to mow. I’d rather set up a chair and sit on the lawn. 🙂

23. Jennie says:

BC and AD. Really funny!

24. Pingback: The Joy of Yardwork! — Mitch Teemley – Landscapers in Eugene Oregon