Palm Sunday

“Blessed is He who comes in the name of the LORD.”

~Psalm 118:26

Blessed is He

On Palm Sunday people celebrated who they wanted Jesus to be.

The following week they tried to silence forever who He was.

Thank God they failed.

This entry was posted in Culture, For Pastors and Teachers, Quips and Quotes, Religion/Faith and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to Palm Sunday

1. Gail Perry says:

There needs to be a “Love” button! Thank you once again. AMEN! If you get a chance, take a look at http://www.nextchapter175.wordpress.com/2020/04/03

2. Imelda says:

A blessed passiontide to you and your family.

3. Jane Tawel says:

Ah, I love this. Humanity’s failure has been Christ’s success. Happy (Convicting) Palm Sunday!

4. This morning our pastor reminded us, via Livestreaming, that they wanted a king, but they really needed the King of kings and a Perfect Sacrifice. Amen to your post.

5. An excellent point. I hadn’t thought of it that way before.

6. rahjomuelvin says:

True, there should be a “love” button!
    Short post, but shoots right through the heart of your readers.

7. Amen: not even the grave could hold the Savior!

8. Oh! That’s good!! Thank you!

9. Actually, the crowds did NOT turn on Jesus. They awoke to find that the crucifixion was a done deal. The “crowds” in Pilate’s hall were the Temple personnel who had a vested interest in shutting Jesus up. It was an eye-opener for me when I learned the material that I condensed into this post: https://cslonthebible.wordpress.com/2017/04/13/from-hosanna-to-crucify-him/

10. carhicks says:

I never thought of it that way, Great post Mitch. This is definitely a very different Holy Week, perhaps people will take the time to reflect on the true meaning. Have a blessed week.

11. numrhood says:

psalm 143:51-39

12. Hmm, well put. Are we created in His image, or have we created Him in OUR image?
    I guess I need to keep seeking divine perspective, or I’ll end up believing a lie.