Be the Good News

Presentation1

One of the fundamental rules of storytelling is “Show, don’t tell.” The same rule works well for followers of Jesus. Unless we show people the good news, it won’t ring true. And the best way to show it is to live it.

“Some will say, ‘You have faith and I have deeds.’ Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds.”

~James 2:18

25 Responses to Be the Good News

1. Gail Perry says:

Especially now! Be kind and generous.

2. gregoryjoel says:

One of my favorite quotes! Our Bible Study is called the Ragamuffins and Associates of the Little Brothers of St. Francis!

3. revruss1220 says:

AMEN. Proud to be part of a congregation that decided to take all worship today on-line to avoid gathering.

4. Thank You for sharing! You are right, if we say we walk in the light but others see no evidence of that light, we lie — pure and simple! Others can see Jesus in our lives if we truly walk in the light! Have a Blessed Week!

5. There could not be a better message at this time.

6. We can often think that sin is doing something wrong and offensive to God. That indeed is sin. But the Holy Spirit reminds me often of a section in James that I memorized as a child. James 4:17 says, “So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin.” If I see a need and know I need to and can do something and don’t do it, I’m like the guys on the road who ignored the beaten man. The Good Samaritan knew he should do good, could do good and so he did it.

7. Bill Sweeney says:

I’ve always loved that quote, especially since losing my ability to “use words.”

8. carhicks says:

With all the craziness going on right now, it is those good news stories of someone helping others or doing something for others that make my heart sing.

9. Pingback: Be the Good News — Mitch Teemley – Reasoned Cases for Christ

10. With panic and hysteria seem to occur everywhere, yes, I guess we need to be the bringer of good news

11. Eliza says:

I love this. I don’t listen to people who preach. I’ve christian friends who I love for their awesomeness, their faith, belief and love. There are other people who preach but don’t follow their beliefs either. Live it, and show it through the life you live. Bbg something or another wrote the same on his blog about 12 step programmes. Don’t preach god. That’s for church. The only way people will come is if they want what you have. And there is no one right way of connection. Like they say that every word in the bible has 70 different meanings. All true and correct even if contradictory. What is right for one person is right for them.
    I feel like I ramble – preach? – way too much here.
    Love, light, and glitter

12. Others won’t see God, but they see you; a reflection of the Good News!

13. Yes, walking the walk beats talking the talk.