To Boldly Go

Earthrise

Is there a connection between aliens and the coronavirus? No, this isn’t some cheesy tabloid revelation about the coronavirus being planted by aliens. So lower that eyebrow, please, and allow me to unpack that opening question:

Why do we see no evidence, apart from a few intriguing eyewitness accounts, that advanced beings capable of moving at the speed of light, much less even faster, exist? (Something physicists have concluded matter simply cannot do.)

Could it be that the universe is teeming with living beings we can’t see, because they’re not material creatures like us? I’ve been intrigued by this possibility ever since I read C.S. Lewis’s STARSHIP-U.S.S-ENTERPRISE-e1365439620720brilliant science fiction novel Out of the Silent Planet. In it, a skeptical scientist named Ransom looks out through a spaceship portal and sees what the Old Testament prophets called “the host of heaven.” Not glamorous humans with harps, but creatures made of light.

What if advanced beings–capable not just of traveling through space, but living in it–are not matter-based at all? And what if the future of the human race depends on becoming the same?

The coronavirus, the Spanish Flu, the Black Plague, and human ethical failings–our race has been decimated many, many times. Yet even if we found a cure for them all, we’d still need to find a cure for the ultimate killer: death. What if we learned to transfer our consciousness not to clunky computer circuits (something researchers are actively working on), but something that never dies: photons, particles of light? What if we became the host of heaven, or rather a part of it? Of course, given those ethical failings,

God might have something to say about that.

This entry was posted in For Pastors and Teachers and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to To Boldly Go

1. landl30 says:

Always thoughtful, Mitch., reminds me of CS Lewis talking about his “baptized” imagination .
    Len Freeman

2. Eliza Ayres says:

Reblogged this on Blue Dragon Journal and commented:
    Those persons who resonate at a higher frequencies are not necessarily visible to our 3D eyes…

3. You caused me to ponder!

Our God is extraterrestrial. Our God moves at the speed of thought. No man is able to see Him in His full glory. We are certain that He is there.

4. Your writing always makes me smile! FAITH is always the answer. TOGETHER we are stronger. Thank you for this Mitch & all that you do. I have looked up to you since I began following your writing all those years ago. This post is one more reason why your vision lights my way. Wishing you and your family peace, health, and unbreakable faith during this uncertain time. WE ARE NOT ALONE. Thank God! Andrea :)))

5. Ha! I like it. There are entire worlds we can’t see already, like the microscopic world. Given what we know, it seems perfectly reasonable to believe that there are realms of existence that are not obvious to our material senses.

6. That boldness comes from our helper, the Holy Spirit. Thank you for sending Him to help us be bold!

7. An intriguing thought.

8. When I was 14 years old, my mother, her then-boyfriend who soon became my stepfather, my 7-year-old sister, and I saw a UFO. This happened in the Springfield, Missouri area, in 1967.

I have lived most of my adult life near military bases, Air Force and Naval Air. I have been to several air shows and witnessed some amazing aircraft maneuvers. But I have never seen anything come close to the size, the maneuverability, and the speed of the flying object that we saw more than half a century ago.

What was it? I don’t know. That’s why I refer to it as a UFO. It was an object, it was flying, and we could not identify it.

9. Clever Girl says:

My consciousness believes we’re part of Source,so we can never die. We are part of Heaven because we come from Source; we are connected.

10. Lesley says:

Fascinating! I need to read that C S Lewis book. ☺

11. Jane Tawel says:

Have long loved the true-myth based mythology/ theology of Lewis’ Space Trilogy, and along with his “The Great Divorce” and “Til We Have Faces”, I continue to re-read them not just for the joy of his fiction but the renewal of confidence in his fantastic Judeo-Christian worldview of a reality beyond our “reality”. I appreciated your post on this.

12. Jane Tawel says:

Have long loved Lewis’ Space Trilogy for his willingness to imagine the reality beyond our “reality”. Enjoyed your post.

13. gregoryjoel says:

Wow! I’ve often thought what defines “spirit” – maybe we talk about death as “walking into the light” because that’s what spirit is. Interesting thought. It makes me wonder about the promised new heaven and new earth – what will that be? Hmm…