They Have So Much to Teach Us

If only we’ll listen.

(Click on any picture to enlarge it, or to start slide show)

“Some people talk to animals. Not many listen though. That’s the problem.” ~A. A. Milne

“Clearly, animals know more than we think, and think a great deal more than we know.” ~Irene M. Pepperberg

“An animal’s eyes have the power to speak a great language.” ~Martin Buber

“Animals are such agreeable friends―they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms.” ~George Eliot

“If having a soul means being able to feel love and loyalty and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans.” ~James Herriot

“No person, animal, flower, or even pebble, has ever been loved too much, i.e. more than every one of God’s works deserves.” ~C. S. Lewis

This entry was posted in Culture, For Pastors and Teachers, Humor, Quips and Quotes and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to They Have So Much to Teach Us

1. These are great, Mitch, although I’d file a few of them under “Don’t try this at home!”

2. Lesley says:

Ooo, thanks Mitch … all those incredible photographs. This is definitely one of my all-time favourite posts! ❤

3. martina kia says:

Yes they are! Thank you!😍😍

4. joyroses13 says:

These are simply adorable and so true!! ❤

5. Awwww!!!! I loved this so much! Thank you for starting my day with smiles💕

6. jandbev says:

That is so true, my little dog loves to be talked to and he talks back.. some times a little loud. But I love him he’s my baby boy.

7. yakpro2015 says:

Some of these images are pretty scary! Yikes!

Joseph Yakovetic 4480 Powderhorn Place Drive Clermont, Florida 34711

mobile: 909.241.6088

SDG Soli Deo Gloria “To God Alone the Glory”

8. AMAZING pictures, Mitch! Great quotes, too.

I have to disagree with George Eliot, though. “Animals are such agreeable friends―they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms.” Sorry, but it’s not true about no criticisms. Both of our very spoiled rescue dogs let us know with loud, disdainful snorts, irritated grumbles, and heavy sighs when we don’t move fast enough to give them their treats. 😀

9. Jo Martin says:

Wonderful animal pictures. Thanks so much

Once started I had to look at every one of these photos/video clips. My favorite? The elephant shower–hilarious! Or maybe the cat and the cockatiel. But then there’s the flippin’ kangaroo. They’re all delightful! Thanks for the great collection, Mitch!

11. multiple Awwwwwws.

12. Love love love! 😊💚

13. Each Blog I post I use the following, “Don’t forget to check on the elderly.” I’m thinking on using the Snails once in awhile from now on. Thanks for sharing this with a house with a cat, dog and chickens.

14. Wonderful photos. They show so much love!

15. smzang says:

the best ever

16. Geri says:

I really like the part “An animal’s eyes have the power to speak a great language.” I can look in the eyes of my dog and almost always know what she is thinking. Thanks for the fabulous photos.