Some burning questions you may never have thought to ask: (most found anonymously)
How did evolution begin?
- If you melted dry ice in a pool, could you swim in it without getting wet?
- What happens if you turn on your headlights while driving at the speed of light?
- Would the ocean be deeper if sponges didn’t grow in it?
- If there’s a speed of sound and a speed of light, is there a speed of smell?
- Do sheep get static cling when they rub against one another?
- If a bee was allergic to pollen would it get the hives?
- Can a pig pull a ham string?
- If you put a chameleon in front of a mirror, what color does it turn?
- If someone gets addicted to counseling, how do you treat them?
Arts and Literature:
- If Cinderella’s glass slipper fit perfectly, why did it fall off?
- Was Captain Hook called Captain Hand before he got the hook?
- Why is he called the ‘Lone’ Ranger when Tonto is always with him?
- Does the Little Mermaid wear an algebra?
- Why doesn’t Tarzan have a beard (or any body hair, for that matter)?
- At the ballet, you see girls dancing on their tiptoes. Why don’t they just get taller girls? (Greg Ray)
Language and Culture:
- Do Dutch people always split the bill?
- If a parsley farmer loses a lawsuit, do they garnish his wages?
- Are mattresses ever not on sale?
- Why don’t women put pictures of their missing husbands on beer cans?
- What do Greeks say when they don’t understand? (“It’s all _________ to me.”)
- Whose cruel idea was it to put an ‘s’ in the word “lisp”?
- If “there’s an exception to every rule,” is there an exception to that rule?
- Can an ambidextrous person make an offhanded remark?
- Why do ‘fat chance’ and ‘slim chance’ mean the same thing?
- “When you clean out a vacuum cleaner, does that make you a vacuum cleaner?”
- If a mime is arrested, do they tell him he has a right to talk?
- Why do people sink so slowly in quicksand?
- If money doesn’t grow on trees, why do banks have branches?
- Can a short person “talk down” to a taller person?
- What’s the synonym for “thesaurus”?
- Are female teamsters “teamstresses”?
- Are male seamstresses “seamsters”?
- If you steal a clean slate, does that go on your record?
- If pro and con are opposites, does that make Congress the opposite of progress?
And finally, the biggest question of all:
- If God sneezes, what do you say to Him?