Magical Places to Be in Love

Some places are objectively beautiful. They take our breath away, and then return it to us full of light and hope. Yet magical places are everywhere, even in the “bad parts of town.” Why? Because we carry the real magic, the ability to love, within us. So in the end, it’s not really the magical places that make us fall in love, but our love that makes them magical.

Happy Valentine’s Day!

(P.S. Don’t miss the quotes after the pictures)

Click on any image to enlarge it, or to begin slideshow.

“When I give I give myself.” ~Walt Whitman

“I have always been a romantic, one of those people who believes that a woman in pink circus tights contains all the secrets of the universe.” ~Tom Robbins

“I love you more than my own skin.” ~Frida Kahlo

“I am certain of nothing but the holiness of the heart’s affections, and the truth of imagination.” ~John Keats

“There is only one thing that a man really wants to do, all his life; and that is, to find his way to his God, his Morning Star, salute his fellow man, and enjoy the woman who has come the long way with him.” ~D. H. Lawrence

“If I can stop one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain.” ~Emily Dickinson

“Come live with me and be my love,

And we will all the pleasures prove,

That valleys, groves, hills, and fields,

Woods, or steepy mountain yields.”

~Christopher Marlowe

This entry was posted in Culture, Poetry, Quips and Quotes and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to Magical Places to Be in Love

1. Eliza Ayres says:

Reblogged this on Blue Dragon Journal and commented:
    Happy Valentine’s Day, everyone!

2. boromax says:

Beautiful. And, awww! You got engaged on 17-mile drive! We lived on the Monterey Peninsula for many years. One of our favorite places.

3. Inspiring! Kinda makes me want to buy tickets to go . . . well, just about anywhere!

4. delphini510 says:

So beautiful Mitch. A collection of stunning places on this planet. I was amazed at how many I had been to and felt that gratitude was in order. I love your quotes too. John Keats seems to come out
    as favourite.

Miriam

5. rothpoetry says:

Your photos are fabulous! I have been to some of those places! and have painted others!!

6. 17 mile drive was an excellent choice for a marriage proposal. The central California coast is one of my favorite places in the entire world. Avila Beach (directly west of San Luis Obispo) is one our favorite places to go RV camp on the beach. : )

7. carhicks says:

Happy Valentine’s Day Mitch (a day late). I loved looking at all these places. I am surprised at how many my husband and I had visited considering we had only ever been in Canada and the US. Great, loving memories.

8. Vermont and Portland Head Light are the two places that hold special meaning for my husband and me.

9. cecilemikee says:

Beautiful part of the world. I need to travel

10. Christi says:

We used to live very close to the hot air balloons in AZ — we saw them most every morning. I never grew tired of them. 🙂

11. Each scene is a masterpiece in life. Being there is half the battle.
    Another winner.

12. Ann Coleman says:

I love this sentiment! And those photos are simply beautiful!

13. Eliza says:

Are these yours or googles pictures,

14. Enviroart says:

Beautiful photos and loved the quotes! Thanks for stopping by and liking my post!

15. librepaley says:

Wonderful quotes and pictures – fun trying to put the name to the place.

16. nitinsingh says:

Great post sir thnx to share