An Ode to February

30 days hath September

April, June, and November.

All the rest have 31.

Except for February, it

has 28, then, boom, it’s done!

Oh, wait, and leap years—who knows why?—

on those years Feb slips one more by.

Or maybe it’s more like this:

Let’s throw a party! We’ll call it 2020!

Awesome! Who shall we invite?

Oh, you know, all the cool months.

What about what’s-his-name, you know, February?

Who?

The short guy.

Oh, yeah. We’ll squeeze him in. Do you have any extra days laying around?

I think so.

Great. Give it to him. He could use a date.

Tall woman and short man embracing

This entry was posted in Culture, Humor, Poetry, Quips and Quotes and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to An Ode to February

1. My mom used to quote the 30 days has September…

2. Eliza Ayres says:

Reblogged this on Blue Dragon Journal.

3. Katherine says:

I love your sense of humour,Mitch

4. boromax says:

LOL. Good stuff. The photo shows a tall date for February; must be a day from the middle of June. Saw a meme today that read “The guy who put the first ‘r’ in February must be the same person who decided how to spell ‘Wednesday’.” 🙂

5. APKEND APK says:

Your blog is great
    +_+_+_+

6. Eliza says:

Thanks for the laugh! I didn’t realise it was a leap year this year.
    Love, light and glitter

7. AlexaJade says:

I love this little poem. I love your sense of humour as well Mitch.

Thanks for sharing

Love Alexa,

8. 😀 I appreciate the levity at the end of a hard day!

9. joyroses13 says:

LOL! My great nephew is due right around Feb.29th! My nephew thinks it would be great for his son to be born on the 29th. He said when he turns 16 and wants to drive he will say Nope, you didn’t technically turn 16 yet. Haha!

10. M.B. Henry says:

Hahaha yay February! Of course I’m biased because I was born in February! 🙂

11. Thanks for the lol, Mitch. February has always seemed funny to me.

This month has been very weird so far, in our corner of New Mexico. On February 1, our high temperature was 71. February 2 was 73. February 3 was 68. But today, February 5, our high was only 28 and it snowed. Tonight our low is expected to be 12 degrees Fahrenheit.

Bipolar vortex. That’s I I’m calling this weird weather.

12. Definitely good for a giggle!

13. cat9984 says:

Very cute. But around here, it feels like February has at least 40 days

14. Okay, this is adorable. In fact, it’s so cute that I wish I’d written it. And it’s so obvious that it should be written like this. That’s when you know you’ve done something good. : )

15. mitchteemley says:

Aw, thanks, Cathleen.

16. delphini510 says:

What about a girl born in February 5’91/2″ ? I am a February girl, have my birthday tomorrow.😊.
    As to the rhyme, we had the same where I grew up.
    🎉