If We Could Talk to the Animals…

The latest movie version of Dr. Doolittle just came out, and by all reports it’s–well, let’s just say it’s no Iron Man. Still, wouldn’t it be cool if we could talk to the animals? What would they tell us?

P.S. Don’t miss the quotes after the images.

(Click on any image to enlarge it, or to start slide show)

“Some people talk to animals. Not many listen though. That’s the problem.” ~A.A. Milne

“Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.” ~Anatole France

“Outside a dog, a book is man’s best friend. Inside a dog it’s too dark to read.” ~Groucho Marx

“Dogs never bite me. Just humans.” ~Marilyn Monroe

“I have studied many philosophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior.” ~Hippolyte A. Taine

“If having a soul means being able to feel love and loyalty and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans.” ~James Herriot

“To see ten thousand animals untamed and not branded with the symbols of human commerce is like scaling an unconquered mountain for the first time. You know then what you had always been told – that the world once lived and grew…without the tyranny of clocks.” ~Beryl Markham

“Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains, O LORD, your justice like the ocean depths. You care for people and animals alike. All find shelter in the shadow of your wings. ~Psalm 36:6-7

This entry was posted in Humor, Quips and Quotes and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

39 Responses to If We Could Talk to the Animals…

1. Gail Perry says:

The tiger photo .. is it by Siddharth Singh or Siddharth Reddy?

2. maylynno says:

They are so cute and so smart

3. francisashis says:

Dr.Dolittle is my favourite character, I wonder even today how he had managed to look after all kinds of animals .Thanks a lot Dear brother Mitch for sharing. 🌹🙏

4. Humm, I’m not sure I want to know what my cats think of me …

5. smzang says:

Every one, photos and captions, is a keeper. The five turtles stole my heart completely.
    The kitty cats are all so special (my precious Bella, age 16, made her debut in heaven
    yesterday,) but what really owned me, heart and soul, was that little duck. Every picture
    was an awwww. Every caption was an added delight. Thank you!

6. Lots of chuckles here! Except for the bats. No chuckles for bats. *shudder*

7. Love these!
    I have a T-shirt with the Groucho Marx quote on it.

8. Pingback: If We Could Talk to the Animals… — Mitch Teemley – Site Title

9. ELA on the MOVE says:

Love this.

10. Dot says:

I haven’t studied many philosophers or cats, but I already know the wisdom of cats is infinitely superior.

11. Pam Webb says:

I hear Robert Downey’s Dr Doolittle is beastly. I’m not lion when I think that must be after watching the trailer.

12. Awesome photos! I can’t wait until I can talk to my kitties up in heaven. 😇 My heart breaks for all the animals suffering in the Australia 💔 Animals love unconditionally and I don’t know what I would without mine! 💔🐱

13. Reblogged this on A Blog About Healing From PTSD and commented:

These animal pictures are amazing! Comments are closed here, please visit the original blog by the brilliant Mitch Teemley. 🙂

14. Eliza Ayres says:

Reblogged this on Blue Dragon Journal.

15. TEP336 says:

Gave me a good laugh, Mitch. I’ve been down with the flu for nearly a week, so I’ve needed it. The good news is that I’ve also managed to shed a few pounds that needed shedding.

What fun animals are! I’ll bet God had fun creating them–all shapes and sizes, all colors and textures, all performing various functions for the planet. I especially liked the frog with snail earphones–very cute and clever. Thanks for some fun viewing, Mitch!

17. nitinsingh says:

Always, I like to read yours post but it’s v different n lovely post thnx to share

18. cat9984 says:

2 hedgehog pictures. pawsome!

19. Dawn Renee says:

Too much cute is happening!
    Fabulous selection of quotes