Time to Reflect?

The end off the year is a time of reflection for me. Is it for you? Remember that while peaceful times are pleasant, they are also static. It’s trials that cause us to grow–but only when we allow them to. How? By reflecting upon the truths they have taught us, and determinedly applying those truths to who we are–and who we are becoming.

(Click on any image to enlarge it, or to start slide show)

“The unexamined life is not worth living.” ~Socrates

“A lake is a landscape’s most beautiful and expressive feature. It is Earth’s eye, looking into which the beholder measures the depth of his own nature.” ~Henry David Thoreau

“Without reflection, we go blindly on our way, creating more unintended consequences, and failing to achieve anything useful.” ~Margaret J. Wheatley

“One cannot reflect in streaming water. Only those who know internal peace can give it to others.” ~Lao Tzu

“Now we see but a dim reflection as in a mirror, but then we shall see face to face.                 Now we know in part, but then we shall know fully, even as we are fully known.”     ~1 Corinthians 13:12

“Life can only be understood backwards. But it must be lived forwards.”          ~Søren Kierkegaard

This entry was posted in For Pastors and Teachers and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to Time to Reflect?

1. Eliza Ayres says:

Reblogged this on Blue Dragon Journal.

2. Bruce says:

Some of these are priceless Mitch, thank you!

3. I often reflect on life. Sometimes I reflect in a mirror. Sometimes I do both at the same time.

4. Pingback: Time to Reflect? — Mitch Teemley – Inspirational Leader

5. Happy New Year, Mitch! 🙂

6. Reflection is sacred time to look both inwardly and outwardly. I loved your visually stunning post. The quotes you chose tied everything together.

7. Great pictures with some amazing reflections. I am reminded of Proverbs 27:19 (ESV) which says “As in water face reflects face, so the heart of man reflects the man.”

8. numrhood says:

1 corinthians 11:12 have faith

9. In this great collection of images and quotes, image #1 reminds me of one of the very few good things to come out of World War I: a classic haiku by Maurice Betz.

A shell hole
            In its water
            Held the whole sky.

10. Robert Partington says:

Enough wisdom here for a whole year, or maybe a lifetime!

11. gregoryjoel says:

My friend and mentor, Jim, used to tell me constantly the “Self-examination, coupled with prayer and meditation, always leads to positive results. It’s the foundation for all spiritual growth.” I love the Kierkegaard quote. It’s one of my favorites. A blessed New Year to you Mitch! May your reflection shed new light in the world’s dark places.

12. boromax says:

A wondrous collection, Mitch! Thank you for sharing these. Happy New Year. We are looking toward the day when we shall see face to face and know even as also we are known.

13. gpavants says:

Love them, Mitch. Happy New Year.