Hybrid dogs are all the rage. Plus hybrids save on gas (many dogs run on pure methane). Here are some of my favorite combinations (yes, these are actual breed names):
- Bagle – Beagle + Basset Hound (great with cream cheese)
- Bowzer – Basset hound + Schnauzer (no Nintendo game controller required)
- Brat – Boston Terrier + Rat terrier (better behaved than it sounds)
- Schnoodle – Schnauzer + Poodle (great with a Brat and a beer)
- Schweenie – Dachshund + Shih Tsu (little guy with a big heart in those 80s movies)
- Skypoo – Sky terrier + Poodle (“Heads-up, watch out for the–too late”)
- Bossi-poo – Boston terrier + poodle (bossy pants + ?)
- Hug – Husky + Pug (Aww, just aww!)
I dare you to say, “Bagle, Bowzer, Schnoodle, and Schweenie” without laughing out loud. It would also make a great name for a law firm: “Thank you for calling Bagle, Bowzer, Schnoodle, and Schweenie. How may I help you hoo-hoo-ha-ha-ha-ha…”
They would go through a lot of receptionists.
Cockapoos (Cocker Spaniel + Poodle) are misnamed, by the way. They should really be called Cockerdoodles. That way people could shout, “Careful, don’t step in the Cockerdoodle doo!” But chances are, just as you’re about to say it,
You’ll get hit by a Skypoo.