My Thanksgiving Prayer

My Thanksgiving prayer is for perfect peace,
for atheists, Christians, Muslims, Jews,
for all to sit down at the glorious feast,
attained by the most incomparable news
of a King who called us sisters and brothers,
forgiving our foolish, desperate paths,
and paved the way for an us made from “others.”
Forever His perfect peace may it last.

This entry was posted in Culture, For Pastors and Teachers, Quips and Quotes and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

41 Responses to My Thanksgiving Prayer

1. Happy Thanksgiving to you too Mitch and I’ll stand in agreement with your prayer.

2. YBP says:

Beautiful prayer Mitch! Sending. Love this Thanksgiving and always! ❤️💜💚🧡💛🧡💚❤️

3. meenawalia says:

Happy Thanksgiving to u and ur family Mitch

4. Muslims will never come to the table of peace because of their hatred for God’s chosen people.

• mitchteemley says:

Two thoughts, Angel: 1) Not all Muslims hate Jews, 2) This is my prayer. Do I believe all will embrace it? No. But some–I pray many–will.

• Islam teaches hatred of the Jews. God is never ever going to wink at that.

It’s one of the basic tenets of their belief system.

I mean, that’s like saying, “Except for the Holocaust, Nazi’s were ok.”

Peace is never going to exist without Jesus Christ. Muslims reject Jesus as God.

Their god is not Jehovah.

So there is never ever going to be peace there.

But I think your a swell guy for wishing there could be. 🙂

• mitchteemley says:

I’m not a universalist, Angel. My prayer is for changed hearts. That’s not a “swell guy wish” (thank you, though ;>), it’s a command (Matthew 5:44). Blessings.

5. smzang says:

A huge Amen to your prayer.
    Wishing you and yours a day that feeds mind, body and soul. (no worries
    there…it’s a given when the Teemleys sit down together.) A quick aside,
    there is no such thing as gluttony on Thanksgiving day!…Not only that,
    anything/everything eaten between 8 a.m. and midnightish on Thanksgiving
    counts as one meal.) Have a Happy!!

6. msnyder1970 says:

Very Nice Mitch, it warms me ❤

7. Kathleen Ellerman says:

I echo your sentiments. Have a Blessed day.

8. Amen! May your thanksgiving be with you all year.

9. Happy Thanksgiving wishes to you and your family!

10. Erika Kind says:

Happy Thanksgiving from my European corner to you and your family, Mitch!

11. joyroses13 says:

Beautiful! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family, Mitch!

12. Amen, beautiful! Happy Thanksgiving Mitch!🦃😊

13. TEP336 says:

And forever will it last.

14. gregoryjoel says:

I can’t think of a better Thanksgiving prayer! Thank you Mitch and I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Blessing in this holiday season.

15. lprslr says:

Amen. May G-d grant your supplications speedily…

16. Thank you for speaking this! Beautifully said.