Astonishing Sculptures

This collection of sculptures (I got carried away, I confess!) surprises us: with scale (immense, tiny), with unexpected locations, with uncanny realism, with skewed perceptions…or with sheer unclassifiability!

(Click on any image to enlarge it, or to begin slideshow)

This entry was posted in Culture, Humor and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to Astonishing Sculptures

1. Eliza Ayres says:

Reblogged this on Blue Dragon Journal.

2. wow!! Amazing! Thanks for sharing, Mitch! I can see why you’d get carried away! 🙂

3. atimetoshare.me says:

Awesome❤️

4. love the cars on the clothes line …

5. meenawalia says:

All beautiful sculptures

6. Amazing. Inspiring. Mindblowing. And…. Puzzling. Why would anybody want to stack 1,550 chairs between two buildings?

7. I’m happy you got a bit “carried away”! Now I want to go there and personally see each and every one! Amazing!!!

8. badfinger20 says:

I would LOVE to have the “doing business” at my work…I didn’t say that out loud, did I?
    Great post Mitch

9. A.P. says:

Some of those are pretty grotesque, Mitch. That said, the cars hanging out to dry are quite thought-provoking.

10. In this group there are some that I love and some I absolutely don’t want to see again EVER!

11. I do like the driftwood stallion!

12. Pam Webb says:

Some creativity has really gone to the dogs…

13. toutparmoi says:

These are remarkable! Hard to pick favourites, but I particularly like the car cemetery, the driftwood horse, the ‘reality pouring out’ (is it nail varnish?), the face in the trees and the passers-by popping up through the pavement.

14. Eliza says:

Where do you find the stuff???
    I love the cars….and the trees in a face is…………wow. Just wow. I wonder how it’s done.
    Love, light and glitter