More Amazing Street Art

Temporary, permanent, sweet, shocking, whimsical, thoughtful… Art can be anything, I think, except boring. And while a picture may be worth a thousand words, it is much more than mere information. It speaks to a different part of our selves. Art is more of a waking dream than a speech, and it should never be simply “understood.” It should be felt, intuited, in short:  It should be experienced.

(Click on any image to enlarge it, or to begin slide show)

“If I could say it in words there would be no reason to paint.” ~Edward Hopper

“Art is not what you see, but what you make others see.” ~Edgar Degas

“Life beats down and crushes the soul. Art reminds you that you have one.” ~Stella Adler

“It’s not what you look at that matters, it’s what you see.” ~Henry David Thoreau

“He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has set eternity in the human heart.” ~Ecclesiastes 3:12

This entry was posted in Culture, Humor and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to More Amazing Street Art

1. Eliza Ayres says:

Reblogged this on Blue Dragon Journal.

2. That is some awesome artwork! Thanks for sharing 😀

3. myplace3187 says:

You have found some incredible street art. I had trouble thinking that someone could create such fantastical pictures. I have seen some street art that does not compare with what you are sharing with us before. I am glad i stopped by this morning to check it all out. Thanks for locating and sharing this street art !

4. msnyder1970 says:

A lot of the perspective optical illusion murals are just incredible

5. These are incredible!! (Although I think a shark sticking out of the roof would decrease a houses’s resale value.)

6. So much talent! Each one of these is amazing.

7. joyroses13 says:

Wow!! What talent! I love the little mouse one with the strawberry!

8. I think this is your biggest collection ever. Amazing how much creativity is out there. I would love to know exactly where some these are, as you seldom see stuff like this in the travel brochures.

9. Kathy says:

Fantastic art! I kept changing my mind about which I liked best!

10. The 3-D illusion in the Sydney chalk scene (and several others) is uncanny.

11. Eliza says:

Wow!! This stuff is cool… can I reblog it?

12. Pingback: More Amazing Street Art — Mitch Teemley – Rexton digital

13. Pingback: More Amazing Street Art — Mitch Teemley #192 – Reasons to live

14. lindasschaub says:

This is fascinating art here – I enjoyed looking at your work. Thanks to Eliza for passing it along.