Extraordinary God

Extraordinary

I prayed for guidance this morning, adding my usual, “Lord, you know I can’t do this without you.” Then I remembered the part I usually forget, “But with you, I can’t fail.”

15 Responses to Extraordinary God

1. joyroses13 says:

Thank you! Needed that reminder!

2. Amen! We are utterly dependent upon Him – but He is utterly dependable!

3. laronda65 says:

We really do seem to forget the WHOLE of some things, don’t we? God is so good to create encouraging communities like this to help us remember and to be embraced in compassion-regardless of how virtual it may be. This has become my favorite part of the blogging world!

4. Ann Coleman says:

Yeah, that’s the part most of us forget! I read somewhere that the most sincere and complete prayer is “Please, God!” trusting that God knows exactly what we want. And while I mostly agree with that, I think that you take it a step further, and that it’s a very important step. Once we allow God to guide our decisions and actions, then in the most important sense, we never fail.

• laronda65 says:

About a year ago, I heard myself praying, “Please God!” and stopped quite soberly. I realized that whatever the outcome, “it is finished.” I don’t think that God’s heart can’t change as a result of our fervent prayer, but he’s already made a way and he already has a plan – a good plan! The key for me is to trust in that goodness even when it doesn’t look good. Then I pray to be patient until I can see it through HIS EYES. At least, I think I’m headed in the right direction. After all these years after I trusted him to take care of me after I die, I’ve finally decided to trust him to take care of me while I’m living. I’ve got so much to learn about my Father still! 😉

5. God is all we need in life

6. laronda65 says:

You can certainly turn a phrase nicely! (Now I feel like I’m starting an episode of Chip & Dale or something! 😂)

7. BoardFlak says:

“Father, guide me into an understanding of your will for my life so that today I will not depart from it; then I will not fail. Amen.”

8. God is awesome in all his ways none can be compare to him